It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:16 pm

Weather "Connection Error" - Log says "RegExp matching error"

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jhg

Weather "Connection Error" - Log says "RegExp matching error"

Post by jhg »

The title pretty much says it all.

I'm using version 4.2.0 r3111, which is the most recent version available per the download site.

The Weather widget displays a message saying "Connection Error \n Try again in a couple of seconds." It's been doing this all of today. With debug and file logging turned on I see

Code: Select all

NOTE (12:55:21.562) Win10 Widgets\Weather\Weather-Large.ini: Retrieving weather...
DBUG (12:55:21.562) Win10 Widgets\Weather\Weather-Large.ini: Fetching: http://ipinfo.io/postal
NOTE (12:55:21.912) Win10 Widgets\Weather\Weather-Large.ini: Retrieving weather...
DBUG (12:55:21.912) Win10 Widgets\Weather\Weather-Large.ini - [MeasureWeather]: Fetching: https://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20*%20from%20weather.forecast%20where%20woeid%20in%20(select%20woeid%20from%20geo.places(1)%20where%20text%3D%2297007%22)&format=json&env=store%3A%2F%2Fdatatables.org%2Falltableswithkeys&callback=
ERRO (12:55:21.943) Win10 Widgets\Weather\Weather-Large.ini - [MeasureWeather]: RegExp matching error (-1)
Clearly something in the weather feed has changed and the widget is now confused.

I followed the TCP traffic with Wireshark and saw it retrieve the zip code (off by a few miles to the East, but good enough) but the remainder of the traffic was TLS-encrypted so I can't see what was returned from the weather query itself.

Suggestions?
fanattic1

Re: Weather "Connection Error" - Log says "RegExp matching error"

Post by fanattic1 »

I am seeing the same problem. I'm not sure what to try. It was stable until today.
jhg

Post by jhg »

It appears the API is down. Take a look at this question on StackOverflow

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52105013/is-yahoo-public-weather-api-down/52106603

The question itself is off-topic according to the StackOverflow guidelines and may get deleted, so I'm copying the answer from Yahoo developer Rosalie Bartlett:

I’m on the open source team here at Oath (parent company of Yahoo). Sorry for any interruptions with the Yahoo Weather API. The API will be back up shortly.

In preparation for the service returning, we’d love to learn more about how the API is being used and what the impact would be if the service were to be shut down or changed. Please share your feedback with us to help us plan the next steps for this API.

Thank you very much, and sorry again for the outage. For updates on this service, please visit developer.yahoo.com/weather and follow us on Twitter @ydn.

Rosalie
fanattic1

Post by fanattic1 »

Well, It seems fine now. I hope someone answers the developers question though.