It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:00 pm

Updating Rainmeter lost Layouts & Skin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Hamuelin

Updating Rainmeter lost Layouts & Skin

Post by Hamuelin »

So, I saw a new skin but it needed a newer version of Rainmeter to run. No problem, I download and install a new version of Rainmeter. Only now when the app opens none of my skins or Layouts are showing up.

Thinking I've deleted it all like an idiot I go to the folder where these are stored, but they're all still there, just not appearing in the app at all. Is there anyway to fix this? Or am I going to have to re-download every skin and remake all my layouts?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Updating Rainmeter lost Layouts & Skin

Post by balala »

Hamuelin wrote:Or am I going to have to re-download every skin and remake all my layouts?
No, at all, don't reinstall every skin. When you've installed the new version of Rainmeter, if the existing skins didn't open, probably the skins belonging to the illustro package should have been opened. Did they?
Also, if you right click the Rainmeter icon in the system tray, then you go to Skins, what do you see?
Another: right click again the Rainmeter icon in the system tray, then click Edit settings. Check the SkinPath option under the [Rainmeter] section. Rainmeter sees the skins which are placed into this folder. If needed, replace it with the appropriate path of where you have the previously existing skins. If you do this, COMPLETELY RESTART RAINMETER (very important), not just refresh it.