It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:23 pm

Installing a new version of a skin and the other skins were removed!

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
DontUseMyName

Installing a new version of a skin and the other skins were removed!

Post by DontUseMyName »

Hello guys, please, I need your help!!
I just found that there is a new version of a skin that I used for my design on the DeviantArt page and now after I installed it, all my skins that were on the desktop were removed and now I need to add them all again, with the same designs and co-ordinates and lines of code and everything :(

Is there any way that I can recover them without staying and place them in the same spots? It took me 6 hours to get this design finish and now I have to start again..
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Installing a new version of a skin and the other skins were removed!

Post by balala »

DontUseMyName wrote:I just found that there is a new version of a skin that I used for my design on the DeviantArt page and now after I installed it, all my skins that were on the desktop were removed and now I need to add them all again, with the same designs and co-ordinates and lines of code and everything :(
Probably those skins was not removed, but closed, by a layout loaded through the instalation of the skin. If you don't have a layout saved previously of the installation, probably you have not too much to do and will have to manually load again the skins. The settings of those skins should have to be kept though.
DontUseMyName

Post by DontUseMyName »

And do you know how I save the layout? So that doesn't happen again, and yes, it is as you said, thanks, I did them manually anyway, but thanks for the help
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

DontUseMyName wrote:And do you know how I save the layout?
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/user-interface/manage/#SaveNewLayout
Usually when I save a layout, I check the Exclude unloaded skins checkbox, to reduce the size of the layout, because if this option is checked, all previously unloaded skins are excluded from the layout, otherwise the previously loaded skins are uselessly included.