It is currently March 28th, 2024, 3:19 pm

Reposition for diffeent resolutions

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Reposition for diffeent resolutions

Post by balala »

What is the problem with this code? It works well for me showing the appropriate name (for me it shows LG Monitor, because the resolution of my screen is 1920x1080).
But not sure what you mean by
therock003 wrote:the button still stays on load.
therock003 wrote:Is MeterString or MEterMonitor supposed to be a skin or something?
MeterMonitor is a String meter.
therock003

Post by therock003 »

Well layout seems to load fine but i dont get the text string returned. Am i supposed to turn something else on

https://youtu.be/Bf2Z9i3Drkk
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Your code works fine on my system!? When I load the skin, the button in Manage remains "Unload"...

-- See next post for explanation of what needs to be done --
Last edited by eclectic-tech on May 23rd, 2018, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

therock003 wrote:Well layout seems to load fine but i dont get the text string returned. Am i supposed to turn something else on

https://youtu.be/Bf2Z9i3Drkk
What you are seeing is the skin loads, detects the resolution and immediately changes the layout; however, you don't have this ScreenAreaHeight skin saved with the new layout. :17denial

You need to have this skin loaded in each layout, and save the layouts with the same names. :17nodding
therock003

Post by therock003 »

eclectic-tech wrote:What you are seeing is the skin loads, detects the resolution and immediately changes the layout; however, you don't have this ScreenAreaHeight skin saved with the new layout. :17denial

You need to have this skin loaded in each layout, and save the layouts with the same names. :17nodding
You lost me there, how do you mean? I do have layouts saved with the names mentioned in the code

ITs just that the skin loads once, and exits. It doesnt stay on to monitor changes and do the switch between monitors (and of course it doesnt display text of which monitor it enters)
2018-05-24 09 20 23.jpg
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'd say that your skin is loaded for sure (since the appropriate layout is loaded), but probably to another screen than that which you're actually using. Try to open the Rainmeter settings file (right click the Rainmeter icon in the notification area and click Edit Settings), look for the name of the config (the name of the folder where the .ini file is located) and if you find it, modify the value of the WindowX and WindowY options, under the found config, to 0. Close and save the file, then completely restart Rainmeter (a Refresh all probably isn't enough). Do you see now the skin on your main monitor?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

therock003 wrote:You lost me there, how do you mean? I do have layouts saved with the names mentioned in the code

ITs just that the skin loads once, and exits. It doesnt stay on to monitor changes and do the switch between monitors (and of course it doesnt display text of which monitor it enters)

2018-05-24 09 20 23.jpg
That is because this skin is NOT in any of those layouts.

When this skin is loaded, it checks the screen height and loads a unique layout of skins based on the height; but when it does that, this skin is unloaded. That is why you see the button in Manage go back to 'Load' right after you load this skin. :sly:

To fix, add this skin to each layout.

Step1: Set your resolution for 768 pixel height.
Step2: Load the layout for 768 pixel height.
Step3: Load this skin you created. The skin will stay loaded.
Step4: Open Manage, click the Layout tab.
Step5: Click the name of the layout for 768 pixels.
Step6: Click 'Save'; when it asks if you want to replace it, click 'yes'.

Now change your resolution for 1080 pixel height.
Repeat the steps above, but load the layout for 1080 pixels and save the layout with this skin included.

Now change your resolution to 1200 pixels height.
Repeat the steps above...

The key is this skin needs to be included in every layout of skins that you want to use when the resolution changes.

Because the RainRez addon is an external script, there is no need to have a monitoring skin that must be included in each layout, which is why it was suggested as a solution.