It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:16 pm

Rainmeter App registering high CPU Usage

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
musk

Re: Rainmeter App registering high CPU Usage

Post by musk »

balala wrote:Reinstalling it definitely won't help.
As I said, maybe send a message to the author, describing the issue and asking him to help you.

roger that. thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

You're welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't help more.
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

dvo wrote:but that would not give rainmeter a high cpu :P :D mine is not so full just 11%
11% is slightly less than 1/8, if you have an 8 core processor, or a 4 core with hyperthreading then you're using 100% of one core. Checking with Task Manager, or Resource Monitor will verify.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

dvo wrote:what he can do is trying to split it over more cores mostly you can do that,
with tools provided by the maker of your motherboard ... mine does..
but not all boards will give you tweak options ... ;-)
I don't think that's a solution to his problem, nor one to yours. using 100% of a single processor core is still 100% of a single processor core. Enabling hyperthreading on his motherboard would simply push the problem into a smaller area, Rainmeter would still be using 100% of a single processor.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...