It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:01 pm

Rainmeter 4.1 does not open upon installation

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
a50ch

Rainmeter 4.1 does not open upon installation

Post by a50ch »

Hi, I've been trying to install Rainmeter for quite a bit now, but I have been having issues even opening the program. Upon installing it, I am prompted with "There are no available skins at: D:\\Rainmeter\Skins\", which is odd, because I every time that I install it, I make sure that it is being installed in my documents folder on my C drive. After the installation, I cannot get the prompt to come back up unless I uninstall and reinstall again. When I try to open the program, I see it open up in task manager with 0% activity, but nothing happens whatsoever. I've even changed the skins folder path in the "Rainmeter.dll" file, which did not work at all. I've also tried installing the latest beta version, which did not work either.

Does anyone know of any sort of fix to this? I found another person who had the same problem, and I have a feeling that it has to do with having two separate drives. I'm on Windows 10 Home Edition, if that affects anything. Thanks!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter 4.1 does not open upon installation

Post by balala »

a50ch wrote:I've even changed the skins folder path in the "Rainmeter.dll" file, which did not work at all.
In Rainmeter.dll? How did you do this? Probably you didn't change it there, but in Rainmeter.ini (I suppose you've right clicked the Rainmeter icon in the notification area, then clicked Edit Settings). If you changed this option, you have to restart Rainmeter. Did you?