It is currently July 10th, 2020, 5:36 am

My rainmeter wont unistall

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Hworple
Posts: 2
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 1:43 am

My rainmeter wont unistall

Post by Hworple »

So i downloaded rain meter earlier today and int was 701 gigabytes so i went to uninstall it and i got the message "NSIS Error, Error launching installer" and i need help.
Bekarfel
Posts: 203
Joined: May 16th, 2012, 5:38 am

Re: My rainmeter wont unistall

Post by Bekarfel »

What? :17what
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 4040
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

Re: My rainmeter wont unistall

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hworple wrote:So i downloaded rain meter earlier today and int was 701 gigabytes so i went to uninstall it and i got the message "NSIS Error, Error launching installer" and i need help.
The Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) has failed for some reason.

I would recommend deleting the current downloaded rainmeter.

Clear your browser cache.

Run from an administrator cmd window:
sfc /scannow

Wait for that to finish, there should be no errors.

Scan for viruses or malware.

Then download rainmeter from the official site: https://www.rainmeter.net/ and try the installer again.

The entire rainmeter installation folder is about 6 MB.

Hope this helps...
Hworple
Posts: 2
Joined: February 17th, 2018, 1:43 am

Re: My rainmeter wont unistall

Post by Hworple »

eclectic-tech wrote:The Nullsoft Scriptable Install System (NSIS) has failed for some reason.

I would recommend deleting the current downloaded rainmeter.

Clear your browser cache.

Run from an administrator cmd window:
sfc /scannow

Wait for that to finish, there should be no errors.

Scan for viruses or malware.

Then download rainmeter from the official site: https://www.rainmeter.net/ and try the installer again.

The entire rainmeter installation folder is about 6 MB.

Hope this helps...
i have one more question how would i delete it without uninstalling, sorry
User avatar
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 4040
Joined: April 12th, 2012, 9:40 pm
Location: Cedar Point, Ohio, USA

Re: My rainmeter wont unistall

Post by eclectic-tech »

Hworple wrote:i have one more question how would i delete it without uninstalling, sorry
I suggested deleting the downloaded file, but I would recommend doing a clean uninstall by following these steps: https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/