It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:49 pm

Sliding Progress Bar

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sliding Progress Bar

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:I can't really do much with that. First, I need a .zip that has the entire skin folder. I need the .inc include files and any other resources the skin uses. Second, I don't know what the plugin MagickMeter is, or where to get it.
You can download the skin from Doodle's first post above, then replace the original Skin.ini, with that posted in his last reply. The original package has the plugins, too.
Doodle

Post by Doodle »

On the download page of the Skin it says that MagickMeter is required for it to function properly.
https://github.com/khanhas/MagickMeter
Attachments
Proxmity.zip
(176.09 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I got the plugin and that proximity skin just insta-crashes Rainmeter for me.

I think I'm out of my depth on this one, sorry.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Doodle wrote:I would like to have a progress bar that I can slide to move a song forward or back and I have found a general style that I like https://rainmeter.deviantart.com/art/Proximity-727765286 however I do now know how to remove the extra features surrounding it, i.e. the visualizer, song information, and pause, play, skip, go back buttons. I primarily use spotify and this skin wasn't initially working with it, I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but at any rate, i really only want a slider bar.

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.
I have been trying to do that but I don't think it can be done with Spotify right now. I can how ever get it to display the progress on a bar.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

jsmorley wrote:I got the plugin and that proximity skin just insta-crashes Rainmeter for me.

I think I'm out of my depth on this one, sorry.
You "out of your depth"? :17what :rolmfao:

As CyberTheWorm said, changing the progress using the drag bar does not work with the Spotify plugin; it works fine when using the NowPlaying plugin.

The skin does have some issues which make me wary, it hides the control meters when you select previous/next while it is redrawing the skin.

Sometimes it hides them for no reason at all! :jawdrop The only remedy is to refresh the skin. :twisted:

I would suggest contacting eldog_02 directly about the issues in this skin and see if he can help.

This skin is too flaky for me to try to "fix" :17flag
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:You "out of your depth"?
This skin is too flaky for me to try to "fix"
Well, to be honest I looked at the skin code and went "I don't think so, Tim"... ;-)
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

Wow my bad that I never caught this sooner because I could have saved all of you a lot of hassle.

I have some bad news for you the reason why it does not work is because the Spotify plugin does not support setting the position of the song. It is possible due to some recent changes in the way the plugin works (Since it now autorizes itself with spotify's new formal API) that in the future .Raptor could add support or someone could tweak it to have support but sadly Spotify is an ass and locks this down to only work for Spotify premium users (And even then it will still require the skin to be edited with support which knowing eldog's disdain for the plugin it would be a low priority for him).

Eldog really should make it more apparent in the skin description that it does not support seeking for spotify, I will ping him and let him know.
Edit: Just heard back from Eldog, he is editing the description to make it more clear to prevent confusion in the future.

Also while I know exactly how magic meter works as I first introduced khanhas to ImageMagick it is still pretty much witchcraft to me.