It is currently March 29th, 2024, 10:12 am

Getting "Complete setup. . . ." on PC turn on

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
gerryex

Getting "Complete setup. . . ." on PC turn on

Post by gerryex »

Hi ALL,

I have been using Rainmeter for several years with the Gadgets. A few days ago my boot SSD died and I had to get a replacement. Then I ended up doing a clean install of Win 10 and all the other programs. I of course wanted Rainmeter back and found the latest version 4.1 and installed it. I also found the latest Gadgets version (v 3.0.1) and installed them. The Gadgets are working perfectly just like I had before.

The only problem I have is every time I turn on the PC I a get a notification:

pc-setup-notify.exe
Complete setup from your desktop or Start Menu

It also shows a rain drop icon.

If I go to the Start Menu and click on Rainmeter nothing happens. If I go to the System Notification area and click on the rain drop icon, the Manage Rainmeter window opens which is what I used to set up the Gadgets but there is no indication of something that still needs to be done. While the Gadgets themselves are working fine it VERY annoying to have that message show up every time I turn the PC on.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Gerry
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Getting "Complete setup. . . ." on PC turn on

Post by SilverAzide »

"pc-setup-notify.exe" isn't anything related to Rainmeter (or the Gadgets). Googling the message you are getting seems to indicate you might have a virus. You might want to track down that executable and see if you can identify what it is for. Also download Malwarebytes virus scanner (or whatever you prefer) and scan your hard drives.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
gerryex

Re: Getting "Complete setup. . . ." on PC turn on

Post by gerryex »

Hi all,

It wasn't anything to do with Rainmeter but it also wasn't a virus. I was just looking at the icons on my desktop when I noticed a drop of water icon that looks exactly like Rainmeter's icon except that icon has a black dot inside the drop vs. a wavy something in the Rainmeter icon. I then realized that the message I was getting had the OTHER drop of water icon and NOT the Rainmeter icon.

The program associated with this icon has to do with the HP LaserJet printer I just reinstalled. And I remembered when I installed it there was one program that said it wasn't finished but I knew it was a minor program and ignored it. So I opened that program and sure enough it said to click on something to finish the install. So I clicked on it and its some kind of web interface which I NEVER used and it really didn't even work. But I was hoping that at least it's install would be marked as finished. So I restarted the PC and when it came back up I held my breath for a while and . . . NO MESSAGE!!!!!

So thanks for the help and now I'm satisfied that my clean install of Win 10 is working properly!

Gerry

P. S. Just in case I did install the latest version of Malwarebytes and did a scan and nothing showed up. Also I have Norton Security running all the time and it did not indicate any problems.