It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:32 am

Disks recognition

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
salvo

Disks recognition

Post by salvo »

I have 4 hard drives and rainmeter only recognizes 2 of them, how can I fix this ?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Disks recognition

Post by balala »

salvo wrote:I have 4 hard drives and rainmeter only recognizes 2 of them, how can I fix this ?
What you mean by "rainmeter only recognizes 2 of them"?
salvo

Post by salvo »

Shows info from DISK C: and D:, but nothing from E: and F:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

salvo wrote:Shows info from DISK C: and D:, but nothing from E: and F:
Probably your code was made to work only with those two disks. Probably you can easily change the disks, however, if I'm right, adding furtherly disks is a bit complicated, but definitely not impossible.
For first, please post the used code.
salvo

Post by salvo »

Am using the default one
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

salvo wrote:Am using the default one
Not sure. Default meaning what?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I assume he means he is using the disks skin from the default illustro suite.

If you load "2 Disks" from the suite, then you can right-click it and say "Edit skin"

Find this code in the skin:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
; Variables declared here can be used later on between two # characters (e.g. #MyVariable#).
fontName=Trebuchet MS
textSize=8
colorBar=235,170,0,255
colorText=255,255,255,205
disk1=C:
disk2=D: 
You can change the C: and D: to other drives letters if desired. Then save the file and refresh the skin.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:I assume he means he is using the disks skin from the default illustro suite.

You can change the C: and D: to other drives letters if desired. Then save the file and refresh the skin.
Yeah, but I think he wants to see all four disks, not just two of them. Probably this is also possible, but the code has to be rewritten.
Let's see if you had right that he is using the illusto Disk skin. Probably you had, but let's wait for salvo's reply.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:Yeah, but I think he wants to see all four disks, not just two of them. Probably this is also possible, but the code has to be rewritten.
Let's see if you had right that he is using the illusto Disk skin. Probably you had, but let's wait for salvo's reply.
I think you are right, and that will require changing the size of the background image meter and adding some more measures and meters to get and display the additional disks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote:I think you are right, and that will require changing the size of the background image meter and adding some more measures and meters to get and display the additional disks.
Adding the appropriate measures and meters is absolutely necessary for sure, but as far as I remember, you don't have to change the size of the background. I think the skins of the illusto suite, adjust automatically the size of the background, depending on the existing meters.
Anyway, when salvo will reply, letting us to know what exactly he wants, we'll see what to do.