It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:23 pm

Disks recognition

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Disks recognition

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:Adding the appropriate measures and meters is absolutely necessary for sure, but as far as I remember, you don't have to change the size of the background. I think the skins of the illusto suite, adjust automatically the size of the background, depending on the existing meters.
Anyway, when salvo will reply, letting us to know what exactly he wants, we'll see what to do.
You are right. The background is automatic.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ok, I think we have to wait for salvo's reply, for some details on what he wants.
Neekow

Post by Neekow »

Just discovered what's rainmeter, and as the person who created the topic i have more than 2 HDD and ...

Edit skin =>
; HOWTO: Adding more disks
; ----------------------------------
; Adding more disks is a pretty straightforward process. Follow the following steps to turn
; this 2 disks skin into a 3 disks skin. You can then extend it even further as you wish.
;
; 1) Create a new variable called disk3=X: directly below disk2=D: in the [Variables] section
; 2) Create a copy of the [measureTotalDisk2] and [measureUsedDisk2] sections
; 3) Rename the copied sections to [measureTotalDisk3] and [measureUsedDisk3], respectively.
; Also change Drive=#disk2# to Drive=#disk3#
; 4) Create a copy of the [meterLabelDisk2], [meterValueDisk2], and [meterBarDisk2].
; Rename all Disk2's in the copied sections to Disk3.
; 5) Now we need to change the Y= values to adjust height. Change Y= under [meterLabelDisk3]
; to Y=80 (calculated by adding 20 to the Y= value of previous meterLabel).
; Then change Y= under [meterBarDisk3] to Y=92 (calculated by adding 20 to the Y= value of previous meterBar).
; 6) Save the file as '3 Disks.ini'. Now right-click on the Rainmeter tray icon and select
; 'Refresh All'. Now go activate the '3 Disks.ini' skin and enjoy! :)
The only trick is to not forget any Y changes and you'll be good. It's easy to do.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Neekow wrote:Just discovered what's rainmeter, and as the person who created the topic i have more than 2 HDD and ...

Edit skin =>

The only trick is to not forget any Y changes and you'll be good. It's easy to do.
Yeah, probably this is a good procedure to add one more disk (I didn't verify step by step, however), however initially salvo wanted to add two more disks.
And we're still waiting for his reply...
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

We have a changeling among us... salvo -> Neekow[/i] :17what I misinterpreted the post (again!) :17angry

Yes, the code changes to add more disks is explained very well right in the skin.

Here is an illustro style alternative skin I created using DriveList plugin by FlyingHyrax that will find, list, and track up to 9 drives. :D

Happy coding!
Last edited by eclectic-tech on December 30th, 2017, 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Neekow

Post by Neekow »

eclectic-tech wrote:We have a changeling among us... salvo -> Neekow
i don't get it, and reverso give me a really weird sentence Oo

balala wrote:Yeah, probably this is a good procedure to add one more disk (I didn't verify step by step, however), however initially salvo wanted to add two more disks.
And we're still waiting for his reply...
Well, i did that for 2 more HDD and it works ... and i guess if i want add another one i'll just have to repeat that.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Neekow wrote:Well, i did that for 2 more HDD and it works ... and i guess if i want add another one i'll just have to repeat that.
Ok, as I said, I didn't verify your solution. I don't say it doesn't work, you just should have to mention salvo should follow it twice, to add two disks.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I misinterpreted your post... you are not the OP, but have a similar issue; forget the changeling comment :17denial

The link offered in my post provides an illustro style skin, that will work for up to 9 drives, without the need to edit anything.
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=143116#p143116
salvo

Post by salvo »

WOW, overwellmed by the responses, sorry guys am not online often with the computer lately, I want to add 2 more disks, I will try your solutions and report.
salvo

Post by salvo »

eclectic-tech wrote:We have a changeling among us... salvo -> Neekow :17what

Yes, the code changes to add more disks is explained very well right in the skin.

Here is an illustro style alternative skin I created using DriveList plugin by FlyinHyrax that will find, list, and track up to 9 drives. :D

Happy coding!
I didn't get the Changeling Joke, sorry

I used the patch you attached and worked just fine.

Thanks to all. I will dig deeper now in other skins