It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:23 pm

How to persist configured layout?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
usuario

Re: How to persist configured layout?

Post by usuario »

Yes, I've tried close-edit-restart. Context menu shows Load, Refresh, Edit. After loading it shows Unload, Refresh, Edit.
Can't see any checkboxes there.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

usuario wrote:Yes, I've tried close-edit-restart. Context menu shows Load, Refresh, Edit. After loading it shows Unload, Refresh, Edit.
Can't see any checkboxes there.
I'm not sure I can follow. Context menu of what shows those commands? Of the skin? But you said the skin doesn't load at all? Now does it load or doesn't?
And see the attached image. According to this, from the Slideshow config Normal.ini is loaded, while none of the other three isn't (nor Browse.ini, nor Settings.ini and nor Wallpaper.ini).
Attachments
Load.png
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

usuario wrote:Yes, I've tried close-edit-restart. Context menu shows Load, Refresh, Edit. After loading it shows Unload, Refresh, Edit.
Why did you close? What did you close?
If you close the minimo skin then exit... it will not automatically load when you exit and re-start Rainmeter.

Rainmeter will remember all LOADED skins and restore them on re-start.
I have the minimo skin loaded on my desktop and if I exit Rainmeter and re-start Rainmeter, the skin loads right where I left it.

@balala
Those options 'Load', 'Refresh', and 'Edit' appear in the Manage dialog. I think the OP is calling that the context menu. :sly:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

eclectic-tech wrote:@balala
Those options 'Load', 'Refresh', and 'Edit' appear in the Manage dialog. I think the OP is calling that the context menu. :sly:
Yes, maybe. But that's not the context menu. At least for me it's not clear at all what's going on. Seems there are some confusions.