It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:50 pm

iTunes and media players

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
shortikid12

iTunes and media players

Post by shortikid12 »

New to rainmeter. I saw that the newest update of Rainmeter 4.1 fixed the iTunes issue. But any attempt to switch my media player to iTunes on any skin fails. I'm on windows 10, with Rainmeter 4.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated
CyberTheWorm

Re: iTunes and media players

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Which skin are you using, mine are working fine with the newest version of iTunes and I just updated Rainmeter to 4.1
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
shortikid12

Post by shortikid12 »

CyberTheWorm wrote:Which skin are you using, mine are working fine with the newest version of iTunes and I just updated Rainmeter to 4.1
I've tried cleartext and simple media

https://redsaph.deviantart.com/art/Cleartext-for-Rainmeter-v4-1-4-Nov-2017-519796161
https://rainmeter.deviantart.com/art/Simple-Media-4-708899608

Both seem to work fine with Windows media player and Youtube with the webplay. I've tried disabling UAC as well and that didn't do anything like I thought it might.

I do have my library on a separate drive, but haven't been able to find the time to try and transfer that over to my main drive
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

My library I use for testing iTunes is on a different drive though and I have no issues.
When you say it does not work I assume you mean that switching works and it just does not pull info from iTunes, or does it pull stale info? (Also I assume you are on iTunes 12.7.1?)

Try closing out of iTunes and Rainmeter and then relaunching both or rebooting. I have seen iTunes think that Rainmeter is still using the interface after it has been force closed and then prevents the new instance from connecting.