It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:16 pm

GPU FAN change/control speed

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
nemo081

GPU FAN change/control speed

Post by nemo081 »

Hello everyone :welcome: ;

with Open Hardware Monitor, you can change the fan speed of the GPU.
I wanted to create a skin with 4 buttons, 1-default 2-Min 3-Med 4-Max.
I can not understand how to send OHM via the skin command to change speed.

Can anyone help me ;-) ?

Thank you :)

I was beginning to write like this: :confused:
[GPU0FanControl]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\OpenHardwareMonitorPlugin.dll
Hardware=#GFX#
Type=Controls
Sensor=GPU Fan
nemo081

Re: GPU FAN change/control speed

Post by nemo081 »

no one knows how to change hwinfo fan speed using rainmeter? :-(
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

Yes, no one knows how to change fan speed using HWiNFO. I think HWiNfo can not change fan speed. It just "monitors" it. Am I missing something?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'm not familiar with these plugins, but I see that nemo081 in his initial request posted a code using not the HWiNFO plugin, not the Open Hardware Monitor. As far as I know this plugin (I mean the Open Hardware Monitor, not the HWiNFO), is very unstable should not be used: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=136222#p136222
nmdelrio

Post by nmdelrio »

nemo081 wrote:no one knows how to change hwinfo fan speed using rainmeter? :-(
I use HWInfo a lot in my personal skins, and it cannot change fan speed, it only monitors it, and a whole other things.
DTLT-SF.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

nmdelrio wrote:I use HWInfo a lot in my personal skins, and it cannot change fan speed, it only monitors it, and a whole other things.

DTLT-SF.jpg
Hi, love your skins you posted any chance you could provide a link to them?

As to the opening poster thing there is a amd plug-in on this site that changed fan seeds on the gpu but I could never get it to work properly with my card
nmdelrio

Post by nmdelrio »

Mascott wrote:Hi, love your skins you posted any chance you could provide a link to them?

As to the opening poster thing there is a amd plug-in on this site that changed fan seeds on the gpu but I could never get it to work properly with my card
Hi, I don't have a link, because I made them myself, but I'll be glad to zip them up and post them for you.

There are actually 4 skins in there (1280x256 each) --- CPU, GPU, S/HDD, SYSTEM.

Some sensors may not be available for you if you have a different motherboard, or some may be missing. These skins are highly customized for my system, and there is a lot of animation because of the variably rotating fans for example, and do take a lot of CPU usage. All in all, all my skins altogether use up 17-19% of CPU usage.

If that's ok with you, I will zip them up, and post a link for you. Just say.
Mascott

Post by Mascott »

nmdelrio wrote:Hi, I don't have a link, because I made them myself, but I'll be glad to zip them up and post them for you
Hi, that would be very cool if you could post a link, thank you very much :thumbup:
nmdelrio

Post by nmdelrio »

Mascott wrote:Hi, that would be very cool if you could post a link, thank you very much :thumbup:
Here goes. 4.14 MB with the images.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7zwwa6bn5zq1e9/Desktop-skins.zip?dl=0
fonpaolo

Post by fonpaolo »

nmdelrio wrote:Hi, I don't have a link, because I made them myself, but I'll be glad to zip them up and post them for you.
As a suggestion, it's always better to use the Rainmeter's functionality and to create a rmskin package. ;-)
In this way, everything needed is available and installed with only a double click.
Keep in mind that you need to include all the plugins you're using in your skins for both 32 and 64 bit platforms, to function in all systems.