It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:11 pm

does any body use rainradio.exe?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: does any body use rainradio.exe?

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote:i hope i have a false positive on my Defender in rainradio.exe win32/Rundas.b but does any one got the same? :o
Haven't used that for a while, but I am sure it is a FALSE positive you are seeing... Win 10 Defender reports no risks :welcome:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Original RainRadio.exe & RainRadio.au3 files...
Attachments
RainRadio.zip
(332.69 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dvo wrote:defender didn't like yours to strange .... :D he made sushi out of it :P O.O
:uhuh: I guess your only option would be to add an exclusion in defender for that program...
Up to you, but I have not had an issue with the one I posted. :???:

I am not sure if RaidioNow even works with later versions of VLC, so you may not be missing out on anything.
If you are looking for an MP3 player that works in the background, you should look at Moshi's Sphynx Player skin. I used that in my StarDate skin. :thumbup:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RadioNow works fine with VLC, but NowPlaying doesn't anymore, so while you can go to SHOUTcast and get stations to listen to, and can in fact listen to them, you can't control anything or see the name of song that is playing. All you can do is change stations. You can't even exit without closing VLC from TaskManager. So it's kinda dead really...

.pls files (SHOUTcast radio stations) will work with Winamp as well, which does work with NowPlaying, but I'm not sure there is a way to launch that running entirely in the background from the command line.

Sphynx Player might be the best bet.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Thanks for that info on VLC and RainRadio...

I have been using WinAmp, since newer versions of VLC stopped working with NowPlaying plugin.

The Sphynx player is neat little tool that can provide an invisible audio stream. Thanks again to Moshi for that find :thumbup: ...

sad that he completely converted and never looked back :-(