It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:39 pm

Testing.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
JediWarrior

Testing.

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi All, I,ve just got the point, as I learn, where I need to test things. Can anyone advise if there is a way that I can test skins without having to unload my present layout ? Thanks in anticipation... :welcome: :D :) ;-) :bow:
It has been scientifically proven that racists,homophobes and all bigots are considerably less intelligent than people who see difference as a positive thing. The report also states that this is especially true of people who wont accept this as a fact but still deny being a racist, homophobe or bigot. :p :p :p
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Testing.

Post by eclectic-tech »

JediWarrior wrote:Hi All, I,ve just got the point, as I learn, where I need to test things. Can anyone advise if there is a way that I can test skins without having to unload my present layout ? Thanks in anticipation... :welcome: :D :) ;-) :bow:
Testing a single skin can usually done without changing any of your default skins. However, testing multiple skins or large single skins, is probably best done without any other skins loaded.

I save my normal skins layout, that way I can quickly re-load them when I am done testing; open "Manage", select the "Layouts" tab, and save your current arrangement of skins with a unique name.

To test skins I created a new layout with no loaded skins and "Excluded unloaded skins" checked and save it as a layout named "Blank".

When I want to test a skin, I simply open "Manage", select the "Layouts" tab, and load my "Blank" layout. Then open my test skin from the Manage window.

The main advantage of this method is the !About dialog will not have any information from other skins, all errors and messages will be related to your test skin.

By the way, the !About dialog is your best tool for testing skins; it shows errors in the "Log" tab, and measure and variable values in the "Skin" tab! :thumbup:

Hope this helps, let us know if you need anything else... :welcome:
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

Hi Again. Thanks a million for that I bet you've never been told you've made an old man very happy before but its true. Thanks..... :D :) :bow:
It has been scientifically proven that racists,homophobes and all bigots are considerably less intelligent than people who see difference as a positive thing. The report also states that this is especially true of people who wont accept this as a fact but still deny being a racist, homophobe or bigot. :p :p :p
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You are more than welcomed, glad to help! :thumbup:

Have fun creating... but be aware of the addiction to Rainmeter that befalls many poor souls who end up here! ;-)
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

eclectic-tech wrote: Have fun creating... but be aware of the addiction to Rainmeter that befalls many poor souls who end up here! ;-)
I still say I'm not addicted :rolmfao:
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Those nice young men in their clean white coats will be coming to take you away... very soon! :-(
???
JediWarrior

Post by JediWarrior »

And I thought printing .ini files out grinding them up and snorting them was normal.. :D :D :) :) :bow: :bow: 8-) 8-)