It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:49 am

Skins in D: drive

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Staidanom

Skins in D: drive

Post by Staidanom »

Would it work?
Apparently, by default, Rainmeter searches for skins on the C: drive. However, I use my C drive for my programs and my D: drive for storage (since it has a whole 1T).
So, what file should I edit to get this to work?

My skins are located in this directory :
D:\Somethingsomething\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins

And Rainmeter is installed riiiiiiiight here :
C:\Program Files\Rainmeter

May I add that D:\Somethingsomething\Documents is my "Documents" file by default now.

Thanks a lot! :great:

EDIT : Nevermind, I'll just put the skins in the C: drive. It's not like it's a huge issue or anything.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skins in D: drive

Post by balala »

Staidanom wrote:EDIT : Nevermind, I'll just put the skins in the C: drive. It's not like it's a huge issue or anything.
No, you don't have to put necessarily the skins on the C: drive. I also have them on D:.
To do this, just open the settings of Rainmeter. Right click the Rainmeter icon in the notification area and click Edit settings. In the [Rainmeter] section of this file, probably the first option will be the SkinPath. Paste there the needed path, where you're storing the skins and restart Rainmeter. Not just Refresh all or anything else, restart it (right click again its notification area icon and click Exit, then start it from the Start menu icon).