It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:31 pm

Multiple Skin Repositioning on a laptop

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Frank430

Multiple Skin Repositioning on a laptop

Post by Frank430 »

Hi all,

I've got a quick and very simple question. So, I recently installed Rainmeter on my HP G60-535DX laptop, and I am using the basic skin that is provided. My question is: How do I go about dragging multiple skins (clock/system/disk/recycle bin) so it's at the top of the screen?

I read the manual and it says to hold down CTRL+ALT and the left mouse button, which highlights the clicked skins. I tried that, but I was unsuccessful. I then remembered the [fn] key, so I pressed those 3 keys down, plus the left mouse button, still unsuccessful. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help solving this minor issue,

Frank
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Multiple Skin Repositioning on a laptop

Post by eclectic-tech »

Frank430 wrote:Hi all,

I've got a quick and very simple question. So, I recently installed Rainmeter on my HP G60-535DX laptop, and I am using the basic skin that is provided. My question is: How do I go about dragging multiple skins (clock/system/disk/recycle bin) so it's at the top of the screen?

I read the manual and it says to hold down CTRL+ALT and the left mouse button, which highlights the clicked skins. I tried that, but I was unsuccessful. I then remembered the [fn] key, so I pressed those 3 keys down, plus the left mouse button, still unsuccessful. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help solving this minor issue,

Frank
You are over-thinking this... :uhuh:

Left-click and HOLD a skin, now drag it to where you want it and release the mouse button. If you 'select' multiple skins using 'Ctrl+Alt', then the selected skins will move as an arrangement of skins, it will not re-arrange them.

EDIT: You can use 'Ctrl+Alt' to select a single skin and use the arrow keys to fine-tune it's position. But generally, to move a skin, just click and hold the left mouse button and drag it to the new location.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Multiple Skin Repositioning on a laptop

Post by jsmorley »

Be sure you are using the latest 4.1 beta version of Rainmeter, not the 4.0 release version...