It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:28 pm

Audiolevel plugin not getting audio?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ackley14

Audiolevel plugin not getting audio?

Post by ackley14 »

So after about a week and a half of fiddling and reinstalling, and driver adjusting and so on, I've finally decided to just come here for some help. The audiolevel plugin REFUSES to work for some reason!

I've gone through every step in the Audiolevel plugin troubleshooting guide several times over with no luck. I've narrowed it down to my audio drivers but now i'm at a loss for how to fix it.

The problem (i think). So for some reason, the plugin doesn't like the way i have my audio drivers set up. I've had them this way for YEARS without issue but now for some reason, it stopped working. Basically, i've got audio playing from my front panel and rear panel simultaniously (speaker control separate from computer for easy switching to headphones/back without messing with cables or settings/drivers). This has worked great for at 3 years (granted i've had my setup like this since 2012). And yet now for some reason, it refuses to work!

So, what have i tried?

Well, i've tried (with mild success) fiddling with audio driver settings (and yes i've tried MANY reinstalls). One thing i managed to get working was, splitting the audio sources back up (one source for headphones, one for speakers. It managed to detect audio going to the headphones, but still refused to detect speaker audio. I use a 5.1 surround sound setup which might be a factor but i don't know why it would just stop working now suddenly.

I've tried reinstalling the audiolevel plugin, and reinstalling rainmeter entirely. Reinstalling rainmeter worked for....about a week and a half. One day i turned on my computer and poof, it stopped working again... I've used the testing tools with no success as well. here's a screeny that might be telling?
As you can see, the audio info plugin is showing the audio device correctly, but the test audio level plugin as well as the monstercat plugin is failing to pickup that audio. I also know that musicbee isn't taking any kind of priority because audio level still doesn't work when musicbee is completely closed.

short of reinstalling windows (which i'm certain wouldn't be likely to help anyways), i'm at a loss...

Any idea what might be causing the issue here? :/ or possible workarounds?
ackley14

Re: Audiolevel plugin not getting audio?

Post by ackley14 »

Here's rainmeter reinstalled with nothing but the test audiolevel rmskin and it works fine. so its something wtih my install or settings or something!
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Definitely I have not too much experience with the AudioLevel plugin. eclectic-tech for example is much more experienced and he definitely created last months a few very nice skins using this plugin, however what I see is that in the image posted in your initial (first) post, I see the plugin working. More then this you even marked with a red square the working skin, in the downside of the image. Have I missed something?
I also would be very curious how did you
ackley14 wrote:I've tried reinstalling the audiolevel plugin,
, because me personally don't know how to reinstall a plugin, without reinstalling Rainmeter. And I also have some experience working with Rainmeter. So, how did you reinstall the plugin itself, without reinstalling Rainmeter?
ackley14

Post by ackley14 »

If it was working, it should have had lit up bars depicting the audio level at various frequencies. but in that image, you can see every line where a bar would be was "empty". here's an example image of what it SHOULD look like.
The skin loads yes, but the actual plugin isn't reading any audio data from my system. if it was, there would be visible feedback as shown in the image above.

in the red box, was my music player haha. not the audio level plugin. i was using that to demonstrate that my system was actually playing music and it should have been visible with audiolevel

as far as reinstalling the plugin, what i meant was the skin i was using however, reinstalling a plugin is simple, just download the dll file. in the rainmeter install folder, there's a plugin folder, you simply move the redownloaded plugin into that plugins folder.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

ackley14 wrote:reinstalling a plugin is simple, just download the dll file. in the rainmeter install folder, there's a plugin folder, you simply move the redownloaded plugin into that plugins folder.
I know where the plugins are located, but where can you download the .dll file of a plugin, included in the Rainmeter installation? To be honest, I have no idea about this.

However, doesn't matter too much. Please post the code of your skin.
Kmafin

Post by Kmafin »

After re-installing Windows and Rainmeter, I have been exactly the same problem. :thumbdown:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Kmafin wrote:After re-installing Windows and Rainmeter, I have been exactly the same problem. :thumbdown:
Are you seeing any error messages in the !Log?
tjhrulz
Developer

Post by tjhrulz »

There is some issues with the new Realtek drivers, try uninstalling them and using the default windows ones instead.
Kmafin

Post by Kmafin »

eclectic-tech wrote:Are you seeing any error messages in the !Log?
Actually yes, "Failed to initialize audio client".
Kmafin

Post by Kmafin »

Kmafin wrote:Actually yes, "Failed to initialize audio client".
Bios and Audio driver updated, also latest Rainmeter. :???: