It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:02 am

Visualizer not picking up sound/not moving on main audio driver.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
xDASHFTWx

Visualizer not picking up sound/not moving on main audio driver.

Post by xDASHFTWx »

I've done research on this topic but nothing has seemed to fix it so far.

I am using the Monstercat Visualizer with Rainmeter 4.0. My current dilemma is that when playing audio through the default driver that my headset is plugged into, the visualizer bars wont respond. However if I change the default audio device to my monitor connected through HDMI, the visualizer bars respond just fine. See pictured below.

Main Device selected with no movement.

Monitor set as main device with movement.

I'm not very good with code information so keep that in mind. Realtek Audio Driver is my main driver. Would like help ASAP thank you.
xDASHFTWx

Re: Visualizer not picking up sound/not moving on main audio driver.

Post by xDASHFTWx »

Also note that AudioDevice.ini picks up nothing with my main audio driver defaulted, but picks up the monitor information when defaulted.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

xDASHFTWx wrote:Also note that AudioDevice.ini picks up nothing with my main audio driver defaulted, but picks up the monitor information when defaulted.
For starters, you have to refresh the skin whenever you change the default device... that will force the audiolevel plugin to look for the newly set default device.

Still not responding bars?
Make sure the volume mixer levels for the new default device is loud enough (not muted), because I see bar indications in your images... so you should see bar action in the visualizer, if refreshed. :???:
xDASHFTWx

Post by xDASHFTWx »

Thank you for the quick reply. Refreshing after changing default devices sadly does nothing, no response from the bars, and no information in AudioDevice. And volume levels for everything including Rainmeter are maxed, and nothing is muted, but still no response. Upon looking in the log, I have constant warning messages stating "Failed to initialize audio client." I have not been successful in finding a fix for this error either.

I was just about to post this when I decided to exit out of Rainmeter and open it again. This resulted in AudioDevice picking up my main audio driver, but the bars still do not respond. The volume mixer shows that audio is being picked up, but i still receive the "failed to initialize audio client" warning in the log.

Anything else to try?
Thanks.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

xDASHFTWx wrote:Thank you for the quick reply. Refreshing after changing default devices sadly does nothing, no response from the bars, and no information in AudioDevice. And volume levels for everything including Rainmeter are maxed, and nothing is muted, but still no response. Upon looking in the log, I have constant warning messages stating "Failed to initialize audio client." I have not been successful in finding a fix for this error either.

I was just about to post this when I decided to exit out of Rainmeter and open it again. This resulted in AudioDevice picking up my main audio driver, but the bars still do not respond. The volume mixer shows that audio is being picked up, but i still receive the "failed to initialize audio client" warning in the log.

Anything else to try?
Thanks.
Usually that error means that a program is in EXCLUSIVE MODE and will not let audiolevel create a loopback to capture sounds... see Item8 in this list of troubleshooting.

You may have some sound enhancement software (nahamic, sonic, etc.) that may be preventing audiolevel from working; I have seen where installing the manufacturer drivers for your sound corrected this.

Other than those, I am not sure what is causing the issue; you could look at some of the other tips in the troubleshooting guide, if you are still having problems.
xDASHFTWx

Post by xDASHFTWx »

Hmm, yea this is an interesting issue... I have turned off exclusive modes in the device properties and restarted Rainmeter but to no avail. I do have Sonic Radar 3 and Sonic Studio 3 installed, you think those may be causing the issue? what do you know about them in regards to this issue?

Thanks.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

All I know is that several other people have solved the issue by not using those "sound enhancement" programs (not sure if they disabled or uninstalled them), and I believe they installed the original Realtek High Definition drives for their hardware.

I do not have those programs, but I do have Realtek High Definition audio on my system and all visualizers works.

So I do not have any first-person experience on the steps you may need to take, other than what I have been told corrected the issue for them. :???:
xDASHFTWx

Post by xDASHFTWx »

I was just about to reply when you did, I fixed it actually! As you said about people not using the software/uninstalling it, thats what I did and now everything works sweet as! Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated!
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to help! :welcome:
Mr_VincentC

Post by Mr_VincentC »

Good afternoon,

I am having the same problem as OP was, minus having any sound enhancement programs installed (that I know of, I have a very new PC and was pretty careful downloading software). Also no matter which audio playback device I choose (speaker, headphones, etc) the visualizer would not respond. I have gone through all the steps in this thread to no avail. Is there any other possible thing that I have missed here?

Thanks in advance!