It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:01 pm

How to open all Rainmeter skin files at the same time?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Blue Phantom

How to open all Rainmeter skin files at the same time?

Post by Blue Phantom »

Hey,

I'm just starting to use Rainmeter today, so I'm very new to it and it's system. I've studied the help articles for Rainmeter, and I can't figure out the most important thing. How do I open all the skin files at the same time? I have a skin in my Skins folder, and I have a bunch of separate .ini files, each a part of the skin, but how do I open them all at once? I can only open them one at a time.

I'm sorry if I missed a perfectly visible solution. I'm very new to the program.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to open all Rainmeter skin files at the same time?

Post by balala »

Blue Phantom wrote:I have a skin in my Skins folder,
Probably you have a Config in your Skins folder (the subfolders of the Skins folder are named Configs, not Skins): https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/#Config
Blue Phantom wrote:How do I open all the skin files at the same time?
Simply you can't. Only one single skin can be open in a Config. There is no way to open more in the same time.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Each skin would have to be in a separate folder under the main config folder.

C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins

MyRootConfig
-- MyConfig1
---- MySkin1.ini
-- MyConfig2
---- MySkin2.ini
-- MyConfig3
---- MySkin3.ini
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Blue Phantom wrote:Hey,

I'm just starting to use Rainmeter today, so I'm very new to it and it's system. I've studied the help articles for Rainmeter, and I can't figure out the most important thing. How do I open all the skin files at the same time? I have a skin in my Skins folder, and I have a bunch of separate .ini files, each a part of the skin, but how do I open them all at once? I can only open them one at a time.

I'm sorry if I missed a perfectly visible solution. I'm very new to the program.
As was mentioned, you can only open one skin, from one folder at a time. However, you can open skins from different folders, and save all currently loaded skins as a Layout.

You would need to open each skin you want, one at a time, arrange them on your desktop... and then you can save all of them as a Layout. You can have skins from different authors, even different wallpapers in your Layouts.

Then you can open all of those skins, arranged the way you set them, all at the same time, by opening the layout you saved. This is the only way to open more than one skin at a time.

Hope this helps, unless we all missed your point... :???: