It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:25 pm

Newbie Needs Help

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
pacer987

Newbie Needs Help

Post by pacer987 »

Downloaded & installed ver 4 tonight on Win 7. I did the Standard install. The only place I find the program is in C:\Rainmeter.

I do not see anything in my start or startup folder-nor with msconfig.
It is also not listed in my list of programs (Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features).
-there is nothing in: C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Rainmeter; C:\Users\YourName\Appdata\Roaming\Rainmeter; C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup; nor C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Is this how it's supposed to be for a new install ?

Also, after install, I clicked on the tray icon and clicked on 'exit' When I restarted Windows, Rainmeter didn't start ---so I do I get it back?

Also if I uninstall it, do I just delete the C:\Rainmeter folder?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Newbie Needs Help

Post by jsmorley »

You must have done a "portable" install. That is the only explanation why it would be in C:\Rainmeter and not be configured to start with Windows. Just delete C:\Rainmeter entirely, and install again.

I know, you said you did a "Standard" install, but no, you didn't... ;-)
1.png
2.png
Watch carefully for any error messages. It is possible that if you are in some controlled environment, and don't have write access to one or more of the folders the normal install uses, C:\Program Files, C:\Users\YourName\Documents, C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming, then it might default to a portable install.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pacer987

Re: Newbie Needs Help

Post by pacer987 »

Thanks---I did delete the C/rainmeter folder, and reinstalled- 'standard' was automatically checked, but the same thing happened.
So, I uninstalled again, and reinstalled ---standard again was initially checked, but this time, I checked 'portable', and then went back and clicked 'standard'---and it installed properly.