It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:29 pm

Rainmeter just won't open...

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Cricket J

Rainmeter just won't open...

Post by Cricket J »

I just upgraded from 3.2 today. I just installed 4.0 over 3.2. When the install finished, nothing happened. Tried to run it from the start menu, nothing happened. So I uninstalled, restarted the computer, and installed 4.0 again. After the install completed, nothing happened. Rainmeter is running according to the task manager, but there are no open windows, nothing to load any skin, theme, or anything of the sort. Also, there is nothing on the taskbar showing that it's open or running. Am I just screwed? O.O

Running: Windows 10 Anniversary (Home 64-bit)
CPU: Intel Core i5-7500 3.4Ghz
MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe
RAM: 8Gb Corsair DDR4 (2x4Gb)
Video: Intel HD Graphics 630 (Onboard)
Cricket J

Re: Rainmeter just won't open...

Post by Cricket J »

Nevermind... The first time I uninstalled I saved the themes, sttings, registry, etc... I uninstalled again but this time got rid of EVERYTHING. :o Rainmeter is working now but I lost all my themes, skins, and personal customizations. I am NOT happy that I had to lose all that, but at least it's working. Now to spend a couple weeks or so just trying to get back everything I lost. :-(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

There is really no need to EVER delete the ..Documents\Rainmeter\Skins folder to correct any issue with Rainmeter. If worse comes to worse and you have some problem, some skin or plugin or addon that is causing issues with Rainmeter, you simply can delete or rename the file C:\Users\YourName\Appdata\Local\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini and that is pretty much the same thing as re-installing Rainmeter. It will re-create a vanilla version of Rainmeter.ini the next time it is run, and you can then proceed to load skins and do anything you want or need.

So unless you are getting rid of Rainmeter altogether, and want to expunge all traces of it, just leave the Skins folder alone, no need to risk throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
DougC822

Post by DougC822 »

I have just installed rainMeter on win 7 and have the same issue. rainmeter shows in task manager but no signs any where else. Any ideas??

DougC
DougC822

Post by DougC822 »

Found it, hiding under "Show Hidden Icons" bottom right hand corner, tell I am not a Windows person.

DougC
Sam12345

Post by Sam12345 »

jsmorley wrote: May 1st, 2017, 10:59 pm you simply can delete or rename the file C:\Users\YourName\Appdata\Local\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
I have the same problem, but I dont have that file :confused: