It is currently March 28th, 2024, 11:08 pm

Layouts not loading properly

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
agentli

Layouts not loading properly

Post by agentli »

So i recently got rainmeter and i save with 'Exclude unloaded skins' and 'Include current wallpaper' boxes ticked.
When i try to load it i have to manually load everything and set it to the position it was before. Is there a way around this?
CyberTheWorm

Re: Layouts not loading properly

Post by CyberTheWorm »

agentli wrote:So i recently got rainmeter and i save with 'Exclude unloaded skins' and 'Include current wallpaper' boxes ticked.
When i try to load it i have to manually load everything and set it to the position it was before. Is there a way around this?
Well I just tried it and it works fine for me. I'm using the following version.

Code: Select all

4.0.0 r2746 64-bit (Jan  1 2017)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 15063)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
You could try doing an uninstall https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/ and then reinstall to see if that helps.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

agentli wrote:So i recently got rainmeter and i save with 'Exclude unloaded skins' and 'Include current wallpaper' boxes ticked.
About the layouts (because we're talking about them), you have to know that:
Layouts in Rainmeter are a way to save and load the current state of the Rainmeter settings. This saves the positions of currently active and inactive skins, as well as all other settings stored in the current Rainmeter.ini file. The layout can then be loaded to restore any saved state.
(Source)
The two mentioned checkboxes are related to saving a new layout. When you save a new layout, keep in mind the followings: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=129980#p129980
It worth sometimes to follow the last description. Believe me, it is...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

CyberTheWorm wrote:You could try doing an uninstall https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/clean-rainmeter-uninstall/ and then reinstall to see if that helps.
I'm not very sure why are you recommending this. Doesn't worth. In my opinion, at least, it doesn't.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

balala wrote:I'm not very sure why are you recommending this. Doesn't worth. In my opinion, at least, it doesn't.
Correct balala... Re-installing Rainmeter is almost never the answer to any problem.