It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:19 pm

GIF vs UPDATE RATE

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
kyriakos876

Re: GIF vs UPDATE RATE

Post by kyriakos876 »

Try changing your [Measure.Time.Blink] to this:

Code: Select all

[Measure.Time.Blink]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 20

IfEqualValue=0
IfEqualAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "255,106,213"]

IfAboveValue=10
IfAboveAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "199,116,232"]
And remove the DefaultUpdateDivider.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Just as an aside, I'm not a huge fan of links to MediaFire on the forums. While not the worst offender ever, they have gone to an approach of trying to trick users into an additional download of some crappy software they are being paid to push. While you can avoid it if careful, it's just kinda scummy.

I don't mind advertising on file hosting sites, they have to keep the lights on, but don't be evil...

I really recommend either attaching small to medium sized (up to 10meg) images and .rmskin files to your post, which will just upload it here. Alternatively, or if the file is somewhat large, you can put them in your DropBox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or some other place like that, and just provide a "shared link" to them here.

As far as other file hosting alternatives, I wonder if folks have some suggestions? I have been using DropBox and Google Drive for so long I'm sorta out of touch with what is good.

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

bernardovs23 wrote:Thanks for trying, but you're skin made the shadow blink as fast as the GIF (which I don't want) and the colon didn't blink
Change the UpdateDivider value on the shadow meter to get what you want.... :confused:
I put the colon back into your conditional statements to eliminate the 'jumping numbers'... you can change it back. :D

Someone else can help you further, if needed... my eyes can't look at this blinking any longer. :uhuh:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech wrote:Change the UpdateDivider value on the shadow meter to get what you want.... :confused:
I put the colon back into your conditional statements to eliminate the 'jumping numbers'... you can change it back. :D

Someone else can help you further, if needed... my eyes can't look at this blinking any longer. :uhuh:
LOL...

http://www.theworldsworstwebsiteever.com/
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

Going to bleach my eyes brb...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

:jawdrop Well that did it... I won't be coming back to read this thread :twisted: ... Adios! :rofl:

This thread has been "OFFICIALLY HI-JACKED"
kyriakos876

Post by kyriakos876 »

eclectic-tech wrote: :jawdrop Well that did it... I won't be coming back to read this thread :twisted: ... Adios! :rofl:

This thread has been "OFFICIALLY HI-JACKED"
*Meanwhile in the local news*

Isis now hi-jacks Rainmeter posts as well. Where will they stop? Will they stop at all?
#PrayForRainmeter
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

bernardovs23 wrote:Thanks for trying, but you're skin made the shadow blink as fast as the GIF (which I don't want) and the colon didn't blink
Returning to the original question, read kyriakos876's reply above (good idea kyriakos876, congratulations). That solution would need one single adjustment: the IfEqualValue / IfEqualAction / IfAboveValue / IfAboveAction options should be replaced with the following ones:

IfBelowValue=10
IfBelowAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "255,106,213"]
IfAboveValue=9
IfAboveAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "199,116,232"]
See that I replaced the IfEqualValue and IfEqualAction options with IfBelowValue and IfBelowAction.
If you don't make this, the IfEqualAction option at least in some cases won't be executed, causing troubles.

Also note that, instead of the IfEqualValue / IfEqualAction / IfAboveValue / IfAboveAction, currently an IfCondition / IfTrueAction / IfFalseAction set of options would be better, in my opinion:

IfCondition=(Measure.Time.Blink<10)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "255,106,213"]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "199,116,232"]
Also keep in mind a few other things: in my opinion doesn't seem a good idea to set the Text on the [Meter.Time.Shadow] and [Meter.Time] meters as you did. Instead I'd add the following two options to both meters:

MeasureName=Measure.Time.Hour
MeasureName2=Measure.Time.Minute
Then I'd modify the IfEqualAction and IfAboveAction options (or the IfTrueAction and IfFalseAction, depending on what options you have now - see above) of the [Measure.Time.Blink] as it follows:

IfEqualAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "%1 %2"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "%1 %2"][!SetVariable Shadow "255,106,213"]
IfAboveAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "%1:%2"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "%1:%2"][!SetVariable Shadow "199,116,232"]
This step would eliminate the need of setting dynamic variables on the [Meter.Time.Shadow] and [Meter.Time] meters (so, you could remove the DynamicVariables=1 option from both meters).
bernardovs23

Post by bernardovs23 »

balala wrote:Returning to the original question, read kyriakos876's reply above (good idea kyriakos876, congratulations). That solution would need one single adjustment: the IfEqualValue / IfEqualAction / IfAboveValue / IfAboveAction options should be replaced with the following ones:

IfBelowValue=10
IfBelowAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "255,106,213"]
IfAboveValue=9
See that I replaced the IfEqualValue and IfEqualAction options with IfBelowValue and IfBelowAction.
If you don't make this, the IfEqualAction option at least in some cases won't be executed, causing troubles.

Also note that, instead of the IfEqualValue / IfEqualAction / IfAboveValue / IfAboveAction, currently an IfCondition / IfTrueAction / IfFalseAction set of options would be better, in my opinion:

IfCondition=(Measure.Time.Blink<10)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour] [Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "255,106,213"]
IfFalseAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "[Measure.Time.Hour]:[Measure.Time.Minute]"][!SetVariable Shadow "199,116,232"]
Also keep in mind a few other things: in my opinion doesn't seem a good idea to set the Text on the [Meter.Time.Shadow] and [Meter.Time] meters as you did. Instead I'd add the following two options to both meters:

MeasureName=Measure.Time.Hour
MeasureName2=Measure.Time.Minute
Then I'd modify the IfEqualAction and IfAboveAction options (or the IfTrueAction and IfFalseAction, depending on what options you have now - see above) of the [Measure.Time.Blink] as it follows:

IfEqualAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "%1 %2"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "%1 %2"][!SetVariable Shadow "255,106,213"]
IfAboveAction=[!SetOption Meter.Time.Shadow Text "%1:%2"][!SetOption Meter.Time Text "%1:%2"][!SetVariable Shadow "199,116,232"]
This step would eliminate the need of setting dynamic variables on the [Meter.Time.Shadow] and [Meter.Time] meters (so, you could remove the DynamicVariables=1 option from both meters).

Thanks for helping, but I just think that it is TOO much for me :jawdrop

I thought it was a simple fix but I guess not O.O

Sorry...