It is currently April 16th, 2024, 5:07 pm

hwinfo

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
kevindahl

Re: hwinfo

Post by kevindahl »

after trying to make It run with a futile effort I will try re-downloading.which version should I install?
HWINFO run.PNG
HWINFO.PNG
info.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You are running 32-bit system, so ... from https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php
hwinfo32.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Use the installer. If you use HWiNFO as a "portable" app, you are going to have to set up a Windows Scheduled Task to launch it when Windows starts, as it won't run as a normal shortcut in your Startup folder, due to security issues with something that is as intimate with the hardware as HWiNFO.
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

feel like I am gaining ground :o but.
report.PNG
report2.PNG
report3.PNG
report4.PNG
to get this
mter2.PNG
meter.PNG
the bottom one Is the one I am trying to use :vomit:
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Did you click continue or Do not monitor this sensor?
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

And -- most importantly -- did you configure the skin to read the proper HWiNFO sensor ID and sensor instance values? This is where you need the Shared Info Viewer application.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

I clicked continue cyber
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

Maby this Is to advanced for this noob? :(
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

I am trying to rethink this.Hopefully, everyone that Is trying to help me through this step remembers the first time that they attempted this and feel my pain.I am a strong minded man that will not give up on my goals, even If my goal Is to create a skin to share that will give me the satisfaction of making someone happy.To make a long story short I was so proud of my layouts only because I saw that others were enjoying them to the point that my layouts were getting a lot of downloads and attention thus spent many hours per day contributing to our forum, at least I thought that until I learned that they were not usable to some of our patrons then I felt like a fool.That Is why I am so dead set on creating a skin myself that will benefit our forum to the extent of never before.Trust me I have the creativity to do this, just not the knowledge.I will not ask for a free ride on anything, as that would label me as not a creative man but as an abuser of the intent of our rainmeter forum.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Well if it's not working for you try SpeedFan and Perfmon you should be able to get the info you want from them. Just need to do the code a bit different.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page