It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:32 pm

hwinfo

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
kevindahl

hwinfo

Post by kevindahl »

I read somewhere that because I think I deleted enigma skin that,at least I must have because I don't see It In my skins,that that Is why my HWinfo keeps telling me that It failed to connect and to make sure some things are enabled...I am one lost noob here ?? :confused:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: hwinfo

Post by eclectic-tech »

kevindahl wrote:I read somewhere that because I think I deleted enigma skin that,at least I must have because I don't see It In my skins,that that Is why my HWinfo keeps telling me that It failed to connect and to make sure some things are enabled...I am one lost noob here ?? :confused:
Don't believe everything you read... deleting Enigma (or any skin) will have no effect on HWINFO...

Setting up HWINFO is involved and is different for each computer. Have you read the dedicated thread for it here?

It would help us, help you, if you tell us what the actual error message says?
When it appears?
What 'things' enabled?
What skin(s) you are using?

Without more details, we will only be guessing... :)
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

hwinfo.JPG
HWINFO2.JPG
:? JSMETER V111/HWINFO
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

Guess I should have mentioned that I can't find the settings tab. (feeling really stupid) but all I can get Is the blank page that I posted so I can't enable or do anything.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

kevindahl wrote:Guess I should have mentioned that I can't find the settings tab. (feeling really stupid) but all I can get Is the blank page that I posted so I can't enable or do anything.
Start HWINFO.
Right click on the notification area icon and select 'Settings' from the context menu that appears.
Check the box for 'Shared Memory Support' and you should be good to go!
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

there must be something wrong with the WHINFO plugin that came with the skin? I could not access settings anywhere that I tried.I downloaded WHINFO from there site and that one has the run and setting tabs.The new one came with everything checked off that supposed to be and showed my Information correctly ,however now I would have to figure out how to replace the plugin In my rainmeter files(wherever It Is) and I am wondering If I should just uninstall the WHINFO that I just downloaded then delete the JSMETER\V111 and reinstall It as I don't really know what the hell I'm doing and don't want to destroy my hobby ? :uhuh: I know I need to learn this stuff In order to progress and appreciate all the help.
Last edited by kevindahl on March 20th, 2017, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kevindahl wrote:there must be something wrong with the WHINFO plugin that came with the skin? I could not access settings anywhere that I tried.I downloaded WHINFO from there site and that one has the run and setting tabs.The new one came with everything checked off that supposed to be and showed my Information correctly ,however now I would have to figure out how to replace the plugin In my rainmeter files(wherever It Is) and I am wondering If I should just uninstall the WHINFO that I just downloaded then delete the JSMETER\V111 and reinstall It as I don't really know what the hell I'm doing and don't want to destroy my hobby ? :uhuh:
The settings in question are in the HWiNFO "application", NOT the "plugin". Just right click the HWiNFO icon from the Windows notification area, and click "Settings".
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Are you using V3.2.0 ? you can get the skin from here https://www.hwinfo.com/addons.php
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

I downloaded this one should I delete It?
HWiNFO3.JPG