It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:46 pm

Completely Confused

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
ThaSmokinLion

Completely Confused

Post by ThaSmokinLion »

I am a noob to rainmeter. I think it is really awesome and I have downloaded the program and was able to download some skinz and arrange them upon my screen in a fashion that would be totally functional to what i want to see the program allow me to do. However I have no idea how to write the code and change the images and actions of some of the skinz. My request is that a more experieced person could dedicate some one on one time to helpiing me customize my experience and make it work! hoping to hear from a rainmeter whiz who wants to help a noob
CyberTheWorm

Re: Completely Confused

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Try reading this https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/getting-started/
Then try making a simple skin like a clock.
Then ask for help if you need it. The documentation is very good and has lots of examples. I only started a short time ago and have created several, first ones were not much but with time and practice you will get better.
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye »

I want to add my confusion to the pile. I have used Rainmeter on and off for years and decided to give it another try. The concepts and creativity are great.

But every time I have used it one issue always remains and that is weather data using the webparser.dll. I have downloaded about a dozen or so skins and i find only one that accurately returns weather data and that is versions of VCloudsWeather

I actually need a very simple display of just the current conditions and VClouds is way beyond what i am seeking. I know I have my location code correctly entered but nothing EVER returns any data.

Does anyone have a simple solution? Is it possible that the use is blocked by other software like firewalls or antivirus?
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Hi,

Take a look at this link for other weather skins. Maybe you'll find something better for you.
HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye »

Well I hate to say it but no progress with another three of them

On the skin titled MinimalOne_Weather it makes a call to Plugins\Webparser.dll

my Plugins folder does not have this dll and i have seen others comment on this issue

Is it located somewhere else i need to point to, or is it just missing and that is the root cause of the issue

I can find no separate download for this dll on the site
HawkeEye

Post by HawkeEye »

Well the location variable was placed in a separate file i had not located

once i found it i got the minimalone weather to work

the location of the webparser.dll is still a mystery to me
Last edited by HawkeEye on March 11th, 2017, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

HawkeEye wrote:Well I hate to say it but no progress with another three of them

On the skin titled MinimalOne_Weather it makes a call to Plugins\Webparser.dll

my Plugins folder does not have this dll and i have seen others comment on this issue

Is it located somewhere else i need to point to, or is it just missing and that is the root cause of the issue

I can find no separate download for this dll on the site
Webparser is built into the latest version of Rainmeter. I did create a Weather skin you can always try that to see if it works https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=25349
The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page