It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:24 pm

Raindexer help

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Hal_9000

Raindexer help

Post by Hal_9000 »

I have been using dexpot and rainmeter to make some pretty cool looking themes. The problem is that when using raindexer, it leaves the skins running in the background. Is there any command that could unload and reload the skins as i switch desktops. thanks.
my vdm:

Code: Select all

[TechInfo]
VDesktop=1
HideMethod=Group

[Future]
VDesktop=2
HideMethod=Group

[Hacker]
VDesktop=4
HideMethod=Group
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Raindexer help

Post by balala »

There is, just needs a small preparation: you have to create and save a layout. Call this layout for example MyLayout. The following command will do what you want: "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "MyLayout". Take care that if you didn't install Rainmeter with the default settings (to the default path), you have to modify the path of the Rainmeter.exe accordingly to your installation.
Hal_9000

Post by Hal_9000 »

balala wrote:There is, just needs a small preparation: you have to create and save a layout. Call this layout for example MyLayout. The following command will do what you want: "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "MyLayout". Take care that if you didn't install Rainmeter with the default settings (to the default path), you have to modify the path of the Rainmeter.exe accordingly to your installation.
How would I apply this in the vdm or rain config? It wont switch layout when using raindexer.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hal_9000 wrote:How would I apply this in the vdm or rain config? It wont switch layout when using raindexer.
You can apply it from a skin (with a LeftMouseUpAction or whatever you want), from command prompt, or as you wish.
Hal_9000

Post by Hal_9000 »

balala wrote:You can apply it from a skin (with a LeftMouseUpAction or whatever you want), from command prompt, or as you wish.
but how could i configure it to run when i switch to a certain desktop in dexpot?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Hal_9000 wrote:but how could i configure it to run when i switch to a certain desktop in dexpot?
How are switching the desktops?