It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:02 am

Web Service Search Help

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jachin99

Web Service Search Help

Post by jachin99 »

I'm attempting to create a small program that will perform a search of JRiver Media Center's web engine, and automatically play what the user has typed into the skin. JRiver has its own Web engine, will play media according to commands sent to this web engine so, for example, if I input something like 192.16.1.1:12345/mcws/v1/file=search=play&queue=random movie into a browser window, JRiver will automatically play the name of the movie I have typed into the browser.

I'm really new at this, and I'm not exactly sure what meter type I need but I'm thinking I need a string meter because that is the only type I see on your documentation that handles text. I realize that I may need to learn five or six other things first but I thought that finding out what meter type I need is a good first start. I would eventually like to expand this skin to search and play Netflix as well. Any advice or points in the right direction would be helpful. Just to be clear, I want to type the name of whatever media I'm trying to play into the text box, have rainmeter construct the command, and send it to the web service.