It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:19 am

Hiding folders under the skins

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
rumci

Hiding folders under the skins

Post by rumci »

When you hide a folder under the skin can not put anything into it (eg. The newly captured image). Can anyone advise me how to do it? :)
sephirotess

Re: Hiding folders under the skins

Post by sephirotess »

Hello,

There is a way to go through the skin. You can add a simple line to the "[Rainmeter]" section. Try this for example:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=[!ClickThrough 1]
With this solution the skin is no longer movable with the mouse. To temporary disable this, hold the CTRL key when clicking. I hope it will help :welcome:.
mak_kawa

Post by mak_kawa »

If I don't misunderstand what the OP said, we can not drag & drop items on a skin even if the skin option is ClickThrough=1?

My workaround is... drag the item to the edge of the skin (of course ClickThrough=1) so that the half of the item is set under the skin. And you can grab and drag the half of the item under skin to the folder. Bother! and not smart? :-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

A while ago, theAzack9 developed a Drag&Drop plugin, maybe it could help?
rumci

Post by rumci »

I have a folder "Games" under the skin. When I install new game then I have shortcut on desktop. Then I try drag and drop this shortcut to "Game" folder which is under the skin. Like on this foto:
1.png
[illustro\Disk]
Active=3
WindowX=1710
WindowY=261
ClickThrough=1
Draggable=1
SnapEdges=1
KeepOnScreen=1
AlwaysOnTop=0
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

For me seems obvious what have to do: move the skin, drag and drop the shortcut, then move the skin back to its original position. That's the simplest way to achieve what you want. Finally I suppose you don't have to move a shortcut from minute to minit, isn't it?
Or when you've moved the skin, move the Games folder somewhere else and move the skin back. This way the Games folder don't remain covered by the skin.
Happy New Year!
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Obviously I did not understand the request (once again, lol) :o. The solution of Balala is indeed the most logical. Why want to make complicated, when simplicity imposes itself :D.
rumci

Post by rumci »

Because I want to hide folders like: bin, private pictures or something else. Balala :) I know this way but I want to upgrade this :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

rumci wrote:Because I want to hide folders like: bin, private pictures or something else.
To be honest, I have no idea what you want to achieve: what has to do the drag and drop with hiding folders? You said you want to move some shortcuts, to a Games folder.
It's not clear at all. At least for me, it's not. Sorry...
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

rumci wrote:Because I want to hide folders like: bin, private pictures or something else. Balala :) I know this way but I want to upgrade this :)
I don't understand if you want to hide folders or shortcuts :???:. If you want to hide, for example the bin shortcut, you can do it with a right click on the desktop and then click on "customize" and after "change desktop icons". You'll be able to hide all Windows shortcuts and folders.