It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:07 am

Skins problem

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
MTTR2016

Skins problem

Post by MTTR2016 »

Hey guys,

I just installed rainmeter today. After i launched it, no skins appeared (like the standart skin you get at first), so tried to uninstall it and reinstall at and that didnt work either. I then tried to put another skin in, however, it kept saying "Skin not found at [file]. What is this issue?

Thanks.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Skins problem

Post by eclectic-tech »

MTTR2016 wrote:Hey guys,

I just installed rainmeter today. After i launched it, no skins appeared (like the standart skin you get at first), so tried to uninstall it and reinstall at and that didnt work either. I then tried to put another skin in, however, it kept saying "Skin not found at [file]. What is this issue?

Thanks.
If you 'unloaded' all of the default skins, then you will not see any skins when Rainmeter restarts (it remembers what skins were loaded and where they were positioned).

Did you install 'standard' or 'portable' mode?
Did you install by double-clicking a rmskin, or extract a compressed file?
If you extracted it, where did you save it; C:\User\{YourName}\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins is the default 'standard' location.

It may help to read Installing Skins...

To load/unload skins, click the raindrop in your system notification area to open the 'Manage' dialog.
MTTR2016

Post by MTTR2016 »

eclectic-tech wrote:If you 'unloaded' all of the default skins, then you will not see any skins when Rainmeter restarts (it remembers what skins were loaded and where they were positioned).

Did you install 'standard' or 'portable' mode?
Did you install by double-clicking a rmskin, or extract a compressed file?
If you extracted it, where did you save it; C:\User\{YourName}\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins is the default 'standard' location.

It may help to read Installing Skins...

To load/unload skins, click the raindrop in your system notification area to open the 'Manage' dialog.
I'd say the problem is solved... I just created a skins folder and put the "deafult" folder in there... I can instal directly with skin skin installer though, i have to turn it into a zip file first, then extract the fiels to the skins folder (which works too). I have another problem though! None of the music players i've downloaded will connect to my itunes though?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

MTTR2016 wrote:I'd say the problem is solved.... I have another problem though! None of the music players i've downloaded will connect to my itunes though?
"Note: The iTunes plugin is deprecated. Use the NowPlaying plugin instead."

What this means is skins that use the iTunes plugin most likely will not work with the latest version of iTunes because the plugin was written years ago and is not currently being updated by anyone.

The only solution is to find a music player skin that uses the NowPlaying plugin (which most music skins do use) and set the 'PlayerName' value in those skins to 'iTunes' and refresh.
MTTR2016

Post by MTTR2016 »

eclectic-tech wrote:"Note: The iTunes plugin is deprecated. Use the NowPlaying plugin instead."

What this means is skins that use the iTunes plugin most likely will not work with the latest version of iTunes because the plugin was written years ago and is not currently being updated by anyone.

The only solution is to find a music player skin that uses the NowPlaying plugin (which most music skins do use) and set the 'PlayerName' value in those skins to 'iTunes' and refresh.
ok, i will look into it, thanks
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Glad to help! :welcome: