It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:23 am

Today's temperature no longer working

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
DamageW

Re: Today's temperature no longer working

Post by DamageW »

I heard once that you can clear up a red wine stain by pouring white wine on it.

Does that mean you can clean up spilt coffee by pouring tea on it?

I hope so, because if it's true, then it means I can clear up all the grease in my kitchen using some lettuce. 8-)
Metallo

Post by Metallo »

Hi all,

Another month passed but the situation is still the same, to me this means they will no longer fix the problem and I need to change source.

Would you help me to find alternatives and explain me what to change in my variables to get it to work?

Thank you
Alex
sephirotess

Post by sephirotess »

Hello,

You can try to select another city (city code), close to yours.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sephirotess wrote:You can try to select another city (city code), close to yours.
Yes, I think this would be the easiest and fastest solution.
The problem is that Yahoo weather is no more working and at least me, don't have a code using other provider.
Maybe you could try to send them a message, maybe - maybe they will help (not sure anyway)?
Metallo

Post by Metallo »

Hi,

I tried but for whatever reason I cannot get it to work with another city.
I edited the location code in the variable.inc file as well as the .ini skin file, but the city does not change.

What am I missing? :???:

Alex
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Metallo wrote:I tried but for whatever reason I cannot get it to work with another city.
I edited the location code in the variable.inc file as well as the .ini skin file, but the city does not change.

What am I missing? :???:
Don't add the same variables twice: remove the Location and the Unit variables from the ini file of the skin and leave them into the Variables.inc.
Have you refreshed the skin? I think you didn't. If you indeed didn't, just refresh it and it should change the city. Does it?
Metallo

Post by Metallo »

Hi,

I managed to change the location code to show the 'airport'.
It is still unclear to me how is it possible that the code CAXX0151 does not show the today's temp or the feels like one given that is shows those data on the internet when I enter the same code on the weather.com site. :(

Alex
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Metallo wrote:Hi,

I managed to change the location code to show the 'airport'.
It is still unclear to me how is it possible that the code CAXX0151 does not show the today's temp or the feels like one given that is shows those data on the internet when I enter the same code on the weather.com site. :(

Alex
The weather skin is getting it's data from a different location than the main "http://www.weather.com" site.

The skin is using "http://wxdata.weather.com" to retrieve it's data, but lately that information has been inconsistent, and does not always contain the same information as the main site for supposedly "identical" locations.

That is why it was suggested to try a nearby city in hopes that it will return more complete data...

This is an issue with the weather.com data feed and not your skin. Sadly, finding a reliable location 'near' your location that is working is the only solution for now.

Hope this help explain why the information appears on Weather.com but not in your skin.
Metallo

Post by Metallo »

Hi,

That is clear now, thank you for explaining :welcome:

Alex