It is currently April 19th, 2024, 8:44 pm

Need help on learning how to launche Valve games properly.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Coke de lapin

Need help on learning how to launche Valve games properly.

Post by Coke de lapin »

Hi there!
I'm new on Rainmeter and I'm using Honeycomb+GGL.
Every time I want to launch CS:GO, I have this issue:
[Youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZWCXt73zwI&feature=youtu.be[/Youtube]
Do you have any idea of what I have to write in the .ini doc so this doesn't happen?
I guess this issue will be the same for every valve game (such as TF2), is there a more general way to fix it (like something that I must add in the .ini doc for each Valve game) so this won't happen anymore?
Have fun on the forum!
Thanks,
Regards,
Coke de lapin
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Need help on learning how to launche Valve games properly.

Post by balala »

Welcome Coke de lapin to this forum.
First, when you post a question, please be a bit more precise: you should post a link of the skin you're using. This time I found it easily (I suppose this is it: http://tablesaltz.deviantart.com/art/Honeycomb-GGL-v2-Nov-4-2015-557828631), but usually it's a good idea to post a link. It can make easier for us to help.
Second it's not very clear what is that posted youtube link. Having that issue, means what? Please give us (me) further details.
Third, both mentioned skins (csgo and tf2) are trying to load a local path: csgo this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo, while tf2, this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\hl2.exe. I don't have those games, so please check for first if they are running properly (without the issue).
dmh125

Re: Need help on learning how to launche Valve games properly.

Post by dmh125 »

In case you are still needing the solution to this problem, you must launch the steam game using a steam URL. Right-click the game in Steam and select "create desktop shortcut". Right click the new shortcut and and select properties. Copy the text you see in the URL box. Now modify your skin to point to that text.

Example, Far Cry 2 URL is:
steam://rungameid/19900

So now look for the meter that launches your game. The appropriate line should now look something like this:
LeftMouseUpAction=[steam://rungameid/19900]

In your specific case, go to the skins folder and edit csgo.ini.
Modify the line:
LeftMouseUpAction=["C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo"]
to be
LeftMouseUpAction=[steam://rungameid/19900]
BE SURE TO REPLACE THE STEAMID "19900" with the one for CS:GO obtained from the preceding instructions. I don't have that game so I don't know the ID for it.