It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:38 pm

Hide/Show Rainmeter?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
anc3s

Hide/Show Rainmeter?

Post by anc3s »

I know that !rainmetertoggle will hide/show rainmeter when you put it in the ini but I have been trying to figure out a way 2 do this with a hotkey. Is there any other than writing a script that is hardcoded to each config i have on eg. "C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !rainmetertoggle "Tranquil\System" and binding the script to a key. But it does the commands one after another and its not smooth. Is there any command that will hide them all at once?
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Hide/Show Rainmeter?

Post by dragonmage »

I believe !togglerainmeter (with no config specified) toggles all.
anc3s

Post by anc3s »

i tried that dragon merge doesn't even register as a command says "Unknown !bang: !togglerainmeter"
i think your talking about the command !rainmetertoggle which i mentioned earlier
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Yes, that was a mistype.

Ok the manual says that bangs sent by commandline to rainmeter.exe will be handled by the first config found.
The bang handled inside rainmeter will affect all meters, as demonstrated here http://code.google.com/p/rainmeter/wiki/QuickTips_1
anc3s

Post by anc3s »

so is there any way i can bind !rainmetertoggle to a key such as f8 or f9 within the rainmeter ini
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

None that I know of.
vitasimplex

Post by vitasimplex »

Do you know if there is a way to use autohotkey or something similar to do this? Is there a possibility that this will be in Rainmeter V.2?
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Yes, I think you can. I think you can create a transparent config that uses the registry measure to check a registry value that you create. You can then create an AHK or Auto-It script/app that will change the value of your registry key by hotkey press. Use an IfEqualValue and Action on the registry measure to !RainmeterToggle depending on the value it reads from the registry.

This is purely speculation, but i think it should work. I will go ahead and add this to the suggestion list though, so maybe it can be done within Rainmeter in the future.
sherekahn

Post by sherekahn »

create a simple text file, start off with the line "@ECHO OFF" followed by your rainmeter command and then save the file as whatever.bat

this will make a batch file for automated code entry.

then download a wonderful little program called winkey and map the file to wichever key you would like. example of use; i mapped a batch running IP Config to winkey+i for easy access to network info.

furthermore, if you don't want the cmd window to pop up every time you run it, right click on the .bat and select "start minimized", that way it will just flash in and out of your taskbar every time you use it.

good luck
sherekahn

Post by sherekahn »

oh, explanation: to run the .bat minimized, make a shortcut (.lnk) to it and map the shortcut to winkey. the shortcuts settings can then be set to "run minimized" and "close on exit".

sorry :)