It is currently April 19th, 2024, 9:58 am

Figured out visualizer problem.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
axlyin

Figured out visualizer problem.

Post by axlyin »

So, I noticed a while back that my visualizer had stopped working, but had decided to ignore it until today, since I'm re-doing my entire desktop.

While digging, I started doing all sorts of things, like taking ownership of rainmeter, checking other visualizers out etc, and then accidentally stumbled on something.

I opened my playback devices list, and started changing my default. Low and behold the 2 visualizers I currently had on screen, started working when I refreshed them. So I switch back to my normal default device: My Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma headset. As soon as I had set it to default, I immediately noticed that the built-in visualizer bar on the right side of playback devices was also not working like the others did. Soooooooooooooooooooo, something's up with the way Razer's audio products work with the visualizers. Possibly something with their new visualizer software? I don't have it installed personally, but perhaps they changed their drivers to support their personal visualizer, and it broke the way windows brings in visualizer data?
axlyin

Re: Figured out visualizer problem.

Post by axlyin »

Update and relaunch Razer Synapse to fix :D
axlyin

Re: Figured out visualizer problem.

Post by axlyin »

So, it was only working very slightly, found the fix though!
direct from reddit:

[–]ronnielite 5 points 5 months ago
hit start --> Run ----> msconfig ---> Startup ---> Disable Krakenchroma71helper.exe
restart your computer and everything will be super f---ing loud including youtube and skype. Not sure why but its something to do with the mixer plugin of synapse which is what I just told you to disable. The only function you lose from doing this is the ability to toggle 2.0 or 7.1 for individual programs and in general. Not a huge loss since everything sounds better in 7.1 anyway.