It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:25 pm

Rainmeter is working ridiculously slowly

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Rainmeter is working ridiculously slowly

Post by dragonmage »

None that spring to mind.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

a2h wrote:Are there any ideas on what may be causing the problem?
I have been doing some homework on this, but have developed no solid conclusions.

I have found that if you are using several Launchers (ie. STabLauncher. CircleDock, RocketDock, etc) all at once there is a performance decrease in Rainmeter.

Several forms of Anti-Virus will cause your entire system to slow, resources to be used, and Rainmeter will run slow as every process is being monitored.

Here is a big one, and not as yet common. It the GDI+ is being refused Hardware acceleration.
By default GDI+ is not accelerated anymore, but the functionality is written into the average graphics cards.
But with the speeds of today's CPU's and system communications, I can not believe that his is the issue.
Your current systems build does not support this theory

Rainmeter is running in conflict with another program or driver set.
It is entirely possible that Rainmeter is clashing with other software. The load time of the Notepad is really disturbing, especially as this is a system inclusion to all windows builds.
I can not quantify that Rainmeter is running so slow that a simple open notepad link would take so long.
This is where I would start looking.
Mistrical

Post by Mistrical »

I know this thread was started absolutely ages ago, but I had the same problem and have found a SOLUTION.

What steps will reproduce the problem?
Run a fresly installed Rainmeter with default Enigma config(s).
Plug in Sony Ericcson W880i using USB. (It doesn't matter if the 'Sony Ericsson PC Suite 6' is running or not)

What is the expected output?
Enigma should run as before, without slow meter updating (ie. the clock's 'seconds' hand ticks every second)

What do you see instead?
Rainmeter as a whole becomes very unresponsive:
- Right click on a meter and it takes 10-20 seconds to load the context menu, and every subsequent submenu
- Right click on the Rainmeter tray icon and it takes 10-20 seconds to load the context menu, and every subsequent submenu
- The second hand ticks every 10-20 seconds (but displays the correct time)
- FYI notepad runs fine

What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Rainmeter 1.0 x64
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Sony Ericsson PC Suite 6.007.00
Sony Ericsson 4.44.2.0 driver

So, in conclusion, my experiance shows that this is probably a driver or windows resource conflict, as suggested by sgtevmckay:
sgtevmckay wrote:Rainmeter is running in conflict with another program or driver set.
It is entirely possible that Rainmeter is clashing with other software.
And my solution was to simply unplug my phone :D
a2h

Post by a2h »

I have a SE W810i, but I hardly ever plug it in. So that isn't a possible solution for me.
TitaniumDust

Post by TitaniumDust »

Well, I recently found my antivirus was choking on the Rainmeter.ini file, causing somewhat similar problems. I simply excluded it from being scanned real-time, and my problems went away. Perhaps this is something you could try.

In my case, I run ESET Smart Security (NOD32), and the Rainmeter ini file it was choking on was %user%\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini. Of course the AppData folder itself is hidden so make sure you enable viewing hidden files under folder options. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium x64.
Lailoken

Post by Lailoken »

I've just had similar problems, I got the log file open and noticed something about iTunes plugins...

I had iTunes running so I killed off Rainmeter, closed iTunes and restarted Rainmeter.

Boom, Rainmeter worked fine.

After this initial oddity I seem to be able to start them up in any order now... weird

I have the latest iTunes 0.1.0.79 (the one updated for the iPad), I'm running Vista 32bit and also have ESET NOD32 anti-virus.

(I'm just noting that it's not NOD32 which is causing the problem...)

Regards,
Me.
karmat

Post by karmat »

Launchy was my problem...

I know this is an old posting, but about a month ago, I noticed my CPU was running really high (I wouldn't have known that if I didn't have a rainmeter app running that showed CPU usage).

I loaded and unloaded a bunch of different rainmeter apps, still had high usage.

I went into Task Manager to see what was eating it up, and saw that Launchy was really really high (can't remember now what the numbers were, but it was higher than Firefox!).

Since I don't use the program, I didn't even know it was running in the background, I uninstalled it and my CPU usage has been normal ever since.