It is currently March 19th, 2024, 2:39 am

Rainmeter doesn't open at startup.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
UnforgivenRevival

Re: Rainmeter doesn't open at startup.

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

Jal wrote:I've restarted, and cold booted my system over 10x thus far, and so far, Rainmeter has failed to start up once. Seeing as I have an i7 core cpu, with 24 gigs of ram, I very seriously doubt it's an issue to have it do it, but, I have to manually start Rainmeter every time.

It has never started on it's own. Perhaps an issue with the code to open it, I don't know, it just won't open unless I double click on it, period. Hence why I was asking if anyone knew how to make it work.

I am guessing the answer to be no at this time, hope someone can look into this.

HOLY GEEEZUS!! 24 gb of ram!?!? WTF do you need that much for? :rofl:
pixelreader

Post by pixelreader »

My First Thought: OMG that's alot of RAM.

My Second Thought: In the early 90's I would have said the same thing about 24 MB.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

@Jal: Have you tried running the installer as an administrator? (Right-click on "Rainmeter-2.4-r1677-RC1.exe" and click "Run as administrator")

-Brian
Jal

Post by Jal »

I did before, I'll try it again, perhaps when I was trying the RC and the non-beta versions, I may have forgotten to try it, will give that another shot.
Jal

Post by Jal »

Ok, loaded with administrator options checked, still fails to open on reboot or cold boot, definitely not sure why only this program fails to open. Every other one I have ever used, has worked. Thanks though, seems this one is busted, will just have to work something out, or stop using Rainmeter til it is fixed.
UnforgivenRevival

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

Jal wrote:Ok, loaded with administrator options checked, still fails to open on reboot or cold boot, definitely not sure why only this program fails to open. Every other one I have ever used, has worked. Thanks though, seems this one is busted, will just have to work something out, or stop using Rainmeter til it is fixed.

Have you tried making a new task in task scheduler to start Rainmeter? You can even add a delay if its having a problem loading at first. set it at 20 seconds after logon or something similar just to try.
Jal

Post by Jal »

I just added it to task manager, hard to believe I have to add all this, but, I am game to give this a try. Hoping it works! Will let you know if it does or doesn't.
Jal

Post by Jal »

Ok, restarted system, had it load on startup, even had it set up to try to fire it over 3x if it failed past initial startup. This program is great, the load however, doesn't work for me, not sure why. It's still an issue. Any other suggestions to try? Or should I shelve it?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

When you made the scheduled task, did you select the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox on the General tab?

You may also have to uncheck the "Power" checkboxes in the Conditions tab.

-Brian
Jal

Post by Jal »

Brian wrote:When you made the scheduled task, did you select the "Run with highest privileges" checkbox on the General tab?

You may also have to uncheck the "Power" checkboxes in the Conditions tab.

-Brian
Yes, I did have the privileges check box checked, and as for the Power checkbox on the condition tab, must not be a MS 7 Ultimate feature, because it doesn't exist in the conditions box. However, I have nothing checked on the conditions box at all.

It still however, fails spectacularly to open, and I can't see any reason why it should do that, no other program I have ever installed fails, so I don't know why only this one does.