It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:09 am

Rainmeter doesn't open at startup.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
joshweaver121

Rainmeter doesn't open at startup.

Post by joshweaver121 »

Hey, I just wanted to know if there was a way I could make Rainmeter begin instantly? I can't find anything. Please and thanks.
KreAch3R

Re: Rainmeter doesn't open at startup.

Post by KreAch3R »

If you didn't check that specific option ("Launch on startup") when you installed Rainmeter, re-install the version you want (the most recent one is recommended) and check that box. No personal settings or skins will be lost.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Another possibility is putting a shortcut to Rainmeter into the Startup folder in your windows start menu. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Run-a-program-automatically-when-Windows-starts
Jal

Post by Jal »

I downloaded the RC version, the latest, and I did check the start up button, so far, love the program, but, Rainmeter does not seem to work starting up on boot for my version of windows, which is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I have another post that I just responded to, but, felt you should know this stock answer is not working, any other suggestions? I have tried msconfig, removing and adding the program inside the startup menu, I also removed and copied in a fresh link to rainmeter inside my startup folder, nothing works, this program just refuses to start up.
pixelreader

Post by pixelreader »

Just thought, but it might be the wrong startup folder, there seems to be atleast 2 on mine.
The path from your other post C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup seems incorrect.

The correct path (for me anyway) is C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup which can be accessed by clicking the start menu --> going to All Programs --> Right Click on Startup Folder --> Open or Explore.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

pixelreader wrote:Just thought, but it might be the wrong startup folder, there seems to be atleast 2 on mine.
The path from your other post C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup seems incorrect.

The correct path (for me anyway) is C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup which can be accessed by clicking the start menu --> going to All Programs --> Right Click on Startup Folder --> Open or Explore.
Both of these folders would work. The first (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) contains startup shortcuts for "All Users." The second (C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup) contains startups for that user account only. I would recommend using the second (user) folder if there are other accounts on your computer. But they're both valid.
Jal

Post by Jal »

Actually, I used the one that is listed in program files, once you click start, and right clicked and opened it, since that is the one that is for that user, and I have done it 2x, the program does not work, it will not start up, and I am not sure why. I even went into the programs properties, and checked to load it as an administrator to see if that might be an issue.

No, nothing works, Rainmeter just will not start on initial load. Any other suggestions than those that are not working as stated before? Thanks!
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Jal wrote:Actually, I used the one that is listed in program files, once you click start, and right clicked and opened it, since that is the one that is for that user, and I have done it 2x, the program does not work, it will not start up, and I am not sure why. I even went into the programs properties, and checked to load it as an administrator to see if that might be an issue.

No, nothing works, Rainmeter just will not start on initial load. Any other suggestions than those that are not working as stated before? Thanks!
Are you talking about it not starting up when you boot your system or that it won't start at all, even when you click the Rainmeter icon in your start menu?
JohnBurns

Post by JohnBurns »

FWIW mine doesn't always start on startup after boot. I figured it was due to some other programs trying to load during the startup process. I have reinstalled the latest version (1677) and checked the startup box. No big deal, since it doesn't happen on every startup.
Jal

Post by Jal »

I've restarted, and cold booted my system over 10x thus far, and so far, Rainmeter has failed to start up once. Seeing as I have an i7 core cpu, with 24 gigs of ram, I very seriously doubt it's an issue to have it do it, but, I have to manually start Rainmeter every time.

It has never started on it's own. Perhaps an issue with the code to open it, I don't know, it just won't open unless I double click on it, period. Hence why I was asking if anyone knew how to make it work.

I am guessing the answer to be no at this time, hope someone can look into this.