Rainmeter won't download

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.

Rainmeter won't download

April 15th, 2018, 7:32 pm
NoblemanPlatypus
   [1 posts]

When I try to download rainmeter, i get a message saying that rainmeter has no skin. But i can't download a kin until rainmeter has run?

Re: Rainmeter won't download

April 15th, 2018, 7:34 pm
balala
Rainmeter Sage   [5880 posts]

NoblemanPlatypus wrote:When I try to download rainmeter, i get a message saying that rainmeter has no skin. But i can't download a kin until rainmeter has run?

When you try to download the app? From https://www.rainmeter.net/? I don't think. So, what are you trying to download?

April 16th, 2018, 10:29 am
balala

Yes, but NoblemanPlatypus talked about a problem when he tried to download Rainmeter, not when tried to install it:
NoblemanPlatypus wrote:When I try to download rainmeter, i get a message

Although (as I said) I can't believe he got that message when he tried to download the app, it's not clear at all what is going on...

April 16th, 2018, 10:36 am
jsmorley
Developer   [17267 posts]

balala wrote:Yes, but NoblemanPlatypus talked about a problem when he tried to download Rainmeter, not when tried to install it:

Although (as I said) I can't believe he got that message when he tried to download the app, it's not clear at all what is going on...

i get a message saying that rainmeter has no skin

I'll bet you a dollar the problem is Controlled Folder Access. It has nothing to do with "downloading" Rainmeter, he is just conflating "downloading" with "installing".

April 16th, 2018, 11:42 am
balala

jsmorley wrote:It has nothing to do with "downloading" Rainmeter, he is just conflating "downloading" with "installing".

Good point. Probably you're right, I assumed the same thing in the first moment.

Return to “Help: Rainmeter Application”