It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:46 pm

Rainmeter App registering high CPU Usage

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
musk

Rainmeter App registering high CPU Usage

Post by musk »

Hey guys

I'm using the latest version of rainmeter and it is seemingly taking up a lot of CPU power. It is ALWAYS at the top of the list of CPU processes. I'm just wondering what could be causing this.
rainmeter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter App registering high CPU Usage

Post by balala »

musk wrote:I'm just wondering what could be causing this.
Probably one (or more) skin(s) you're using. What skins are you using?
I'd say to do the followings: unload all skins. Then start loading them back, one by one. Follow carefully the CPU usage, each time you're loading a skin (wait a few minutes each time). You probably will find the guilty skin.
Recently I discovered a such behavior, of one of my skins, which I used for a few years. So, there probably is guilty something you can't even imagine.
musk

Post by musk »

So the Skin I'm using is called Glasses. I have the weather, Time, System, and Network variants running. Are you suggesting I kill those individually and see what's causing the problem?

I have refreshed all skins and I get this error in the log file and I can't figure it out.

NOTE (14:31:12.537) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini: Refreshing skin
ERRO (14:31:13.626) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip]: Calc: Syntax error
ERRO (14:31:13.626) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip2]: Calc: Syntax error
ERRO (14:31:13.626) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip3]: Calc: Syntax error
ERRO (14:31:13.626) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip4]: Calc: Syntax error
ERRO (14:31:13.627) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip5]: Calc: Syntax error
ERRO (14:31:13.627) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip6]: Calc: Syntax error
ERRO (14:31:13.627) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip7]: Calc: Syntax error
ERRO (14:31:13.627) Glasses\GlassesSystem\System - 1 Core.ini - [MeasureTooltip8]: Calc: Syntax error
musk

Post by musk »

dvo wrote:url to glasses? :17nodding
and if you run a lot of skins it will take a lot of cpu :)
im running 4 which is what i've been running for a while now and never have had this issue.

here is the skin im running - https://vclouds.deviantart.com/art/Glasses-313182310
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

musk wrote:Are you suggesting I kill those individually and see what's causing the problem?
This is the first possibility. Another one would be to kill (unload) all of them, then start loading them back, one by one.
No matter which solution do you choose, keep following the CPU usage each time you're loading (unloading) one skin.
The error messages don't say to much too me, because I don't know how the [MeasureTooltip], [MeasureTooltip2] (and so on) measures look like.
Eventually post a link where I can download the incriminated package. - Sorry, posted in the meantime.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

musk wrote:So the Skin I'm using is called Glasses. I have the weather, Time, System, and Network variants running. Are you suggesting I kill those individually and see what's causing the problem?
There are more variants for each skin. Which ones do you use?
musk

Post by musk »

balala wrote:This is the first possibility. Another one would be to kill (unload) all of them, then start loading them back, one by one.
No matter which solution do you choose, keep following the CPU usage each time you're loading (unloading) one skin.
The error messages don't say to much too me, because I don't know how the [MeasureTooltip], [MeasureTooltip2] (and so on) measures look like.
Eventually post a link where I can download the incriminated package. - Sorry, posted in the meantime.

So I have discovered the bad skin. It's the System one. Seemingly has nothing to do w/ the error messages because I only get those messages when I select "core 1". If I select core 2 or 8 no error messages but still high CPU usage.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

musk wrote:So I have discovered the bad skin. It's the System one. Seemingly has nothing to do w/ the error messages because I only get those messages when I select "core 1". If I select core 2 or 8 no error messages but still high CPU usage.
To avoid the error messages, just add a Cores=1 variable to the [Variables] section of the skin. Although I'm not sure what this variable should have to represent, adding this value to the [Variables] section seems to fix the issues. Weird is that a such variable isn't used in any other skin of the System config. Maybe send a message to the author of the skin, describing the issue and asking him to fix it.
I'm sorry I can't say more, but as same as dvo, me neither don't get so large CPU usage with this skin. :confused:
musk

Post by musk »

balala wrote:To avoid the error messages, just add a Cores=1 variable to the [Variables] section of the skin. Although I'm not sure what this variable should have to represent, adding this value to the [Variables] section seems to fix the issues. Weird is that a such variable isn't used in any other skin of the System config. Maybe send a message to the author of the skin, describing the issue and asking him to fix it.
I'm sorry I can't say more, but as same as dvo, me neither don't get so large CPU usage with this skin. :confused:

interesting. I loaded up the "system" skin for 2 or 3 other layouts i have saved and none of them cause a spike in CPU usage. Just the System skin of the glasses layout. Do you think I should re-install the skin or something?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

musk wrote:Do you think I should re-install the skin or something?
Reinstalling it definitely won't help.
As I said, maybe send a message to the author, describing the issue and asking him to help you.