It is currently March 28th, 2024, 4:24 pm

hwinfo

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: hwinfo

Post by jsmorley »

kevindahl wrote:I downloaded this one should I delete It? HWiNFO3.JPG
That version is fine.
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

Now I have this
learning.JPG
which makes me happy,but don't know what to do with it to make it connect.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I suspect you are overthinking this... ;-) You are floudering. Stop, take a deep breath, and just carefully follow this:

Just download either the 32bit or 64bit version of HWiNFO from https://www.hwinfo.com/download.php. If you have a 64bit version of Windows, I recommend the 64bit HWiNFO, but really it doesn't matter.

Install it.

Find the icon for HWiNFO in the Windows notification area, right click it, and select "Settings". Set the HWiNFO settings like this:
1.jpg
Ok, done with HWiNFO.

Now in Rainmeter, right click the Rainmeter icon in the Windows notification area, and select "About". Then choose the "Plugins" tab. Be sure you have the Rainmeter plugin for HWiNFO installed, as shown here:
2.jpg
I assume you do, since you seem to indicate that at some point you installed JSMeterVIII, which automatically installs it for you in Rainmeter.

Then run the SharedMemoryViewer.exe utility that will be in the folders for JSMeterVIII, and you should get something like this:
3.jpg
Then you are good to go, and can edit the JSMeterVIII skins or create your own as you like.
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

Did this
HWINFO pic#65000127 lol.JPG
got this
got this.JPG
:-(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Are you quite sure HWiNFO is running? I know you did the Settings while it was running, that is the only way to do them, but did you somehow close it after?

I'd reboot, to be sure all this installing and uninstalling hasn't gotten something's knickers in a knot.
CyberTheWorm

Post by CyberTheWorm »

Just tried on my computer, works as it should. Need to edit your skin to have it show up will try that later.

Edited, used the info to add my CPU to your meter, no issue.
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

Well, I think that the problem is in my computer and I just won't be able to monitor certain things until I can afford a new one.
JSMETER.JPG
JSMETER2.JPG
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

kevindahl wrote:Well, I think that the problem is in my computer and I just won't be able to monitor certain things until I can afford a new one. JSMETER.JPG JSMETER2.JPG
Ok, I haven't seen a Pentium 4 computer in uhm... a while, but you should be able to monitor any of those values that HWiNFO does return for your system.
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

Thank you, guys.It was a great learning experience. :party: P.S (I would like to add that my profile pic Is soapy water going down a stationary tub drain) so ya don't think I'm some kinda whacko. :jawdrop
kevindahl

Post by kevindahl »

I don't think that VW Is a real car.you may know computers.....but THIS IS A REAL CAR
radrunner.JPG
:rolmfao: