It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:45 pm

Help with replacing !Refresh

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
bill98

Help with replacing !Refresh

Post by bill98 »

I have a meter that increases/decreases the size of my display. It takes several seconds to execute, so I am trying to eliminate !ReFresh. The meter is in a separate skin from the main skin, but is physically located in a sub-directory of the main skin. Two problems. One, Rainmeter can no longer locate the main skin Resource folder. I get the following error message:

!SetVariable Skin "C:\Users\bi\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\PGMLauncherE\@Resources\VariablesM2.inc" not found

This reference used to work fine.

The second problem is refreshing the main skin. How do I do that without a !ReFresh command?

Here is the meter in question. The Mouse Scrollup trigger is the only change. The old trigger is shown below the revised one. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[WHTDS1]
Meter=String
x=347
y=130
h=20
w=46
SolidColor=#PC1#
MouseScrollUpAction=[!SetVariable LW "[nPlotWUp]"] [!WriteKeyValue Variables LW "[nPlotWUp]" #@#VariablesM2.inc][!UpdateMeter DSVal] [!Redraw]
;MouseScrollUpAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables LW "[nPlotWUp]" #@#VariablesM2.inc][!ReFresh][!ReFresh PGMLauncherE PGMLauncherE.ini]
MouseScrollDownAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables LW "[nPlotWDn]" #@#VariablesM2.inc][!ReFresh][!ReFresh PGMLauncherE PGMLauncherE.ini]
DynamicVariables=1
UpdateDivider=-1
Last edited by bill98 on September 15th, 2016, 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill98

Re: Help with replacing !Refresh

Post by bill98 »

I tried adding an @Include statement to the main skin to include the second skin in the main skin, but it didn't help anything. No error messages.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

I'm not sure why would you like to refresh without a !Refresh bang. I'd say that you can't.
But the posted !SetVariable bang is not working? Because it should, but have to be sure you've added to the measure or meter where you're using the LW variable, a DynamicVariables=1 option.
And one more about the [!ReFresh PGMLauncherE PGMLauncherE.ini] bang. This, in the used form, is wrong. It should be [!ReFresh PGMLauncherE], because in the !Refresh bang you don't have to add the File, just the Config.
For further help, please pack and upload your config, otherwise is hard to replicate the issue.
bill98

Post by bill98 »

My objective was to speed it up. I thought removing the !ReFresh would help speed it up. If not, then I agree, leave the refresh in. I will check to see if I have DynamicVariables where LW is used. There are lots of places so it will be awhile.

Thanks.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Usually it's a good idea to avoid refreshing a skin: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=119966#p119966.