It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:30 am

Greek

View and contribute to Rainmeter translations.
E5GAR0TH

Greek

Post by E5GAR0TH »

Latest Greek translations:
Greek.h (Application)
Greek.nsh (Installer)

(right-click on the .h and .nsh links -> Save as. Then, simply open the files with Notepad)
poiru
Developer

Re: [Translation] Greek

Post by poiru »

Thanks! :thumbup:

Could you translate these as well:

Code: Select all

Please select the installer language:
Language:
About Rainmeter
Manage Rainmeter
E5GAR0TH

Post by E5GAR0TH »

I do not see anything like this in the files so i suppose you need these for the installer.
I give you the translation exactly as you asked for:

Επιλέξτε τη γλώσσα εγκατάστασης:
Γλώσσα:
Σχετικά με Rainmeter
Διαχείριση του Rainmeter
I also edited the Application.txt file because i forgot to translate 2 words (the word Theme in two locations) so i changed that.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Great, thanks!
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

The following strings are too long. Would it be possible to shorten them to at most 256 characters? Thanks!

373 characters:

Ένα αντίγραφο ασφαλείας σας επιτρέπει να αποθηκεύσετε και να αποκαταστήσετε πλήρως το Rainmeter σε προηγούμενη κατάσταση, συμπεριλαμβανομένων skins και στατιστικών. Σε αντίθεση με ένα Θέμα, η επαναφορά ενός αντιγράφου ασφαλείας θα αντικαταστήσει όλες τις αλλαγές και τις ενημερώσεις που έχετε κάνει στα skins σας από την ημέρα που σώσατε το αντίγραφο ασφαλείας και έπειτα.
263 characters:

Ένα Θέμα σας επιτρέπει να αποθηκεύσετε την τρέχουσα διάταξη των Rainmeter skins σας έτσι ώστε να την επαναφέρετε αργότερα. Η αποκατάσταση ενώς παλιού θέματος θα επαναφέρει τη διάταξη των skins, αλλά δεν δεν θα αναιρέσει τυχών αλλαγές ή ενημερώσεις στα skins σας.
E5GAR0TH

Post by E5GAR0TH »

I made the requested changes.

original was:373 ---> new: 256 (with spaces)

Το αντίγραφο ασφαλείας αποθηκεύει πλήρως το Rainmeter μαζί με τα skins έτσι ώστε να μπορείτε να το αποκαταστήσετε σε προηγούμενη κατάσταση. Η επαναφορά θα αντικαταστήσει όλες τις αλλαγές που έχετε κάνει στα skins και δεν έχουν σωθεί στο αντίγραφο ασφαλείας

original was:263 ---> new: 247 (with spaces)

Ένα Θέμα σας επιτρέπει να αποθηκεύσετε την τρέχουσα διάταξη των skins σας έτσι ώστε να την επαναφέρετε αργότερα. Η αποκατάσταση ενός παλιού θέματος θα επαναφέρει τη διάταξη των skins, αλλά δεν θα αναιρέσει τυχών αλλαγές ή ενημερώσεις στα skins σας

I see that you changed the names, extensions and links of the files. I made the requested changes on your files, and i have also made 2 more changes. (a minor spell check in 2 words that is missed, and i changed the translation for the word "unload" to a different one that is more suited and easier for people to understand)
The file Greek.nsh file remains as is but i'll post both files anyway.

The New files are:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5938380/Rainmeter%20Translation%20GREEK/Final/Greek.h
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5938380/Rainmeter%20Translation%20GREEK/Final/Greek.nsh
E5GAR0TH

Post by E5GAR0TH »

i forgot to mention that i saw some changes in my original files and i understand that you have to manage the space in the application as different languages require more or less space for the text to fit in place.

I did not changed anything BUT i have concern about 1 entry.

My original translation:

#define STR_ONDESKTOP             "Στην επιφάνεια εργασίας"
you changed it to:

#define STR_ONDESKTOP             "Επιφάνεια εργασίας"
The problem is that the new entry actually means "Desktop" (not "ON Desktop" as it should).

We can leave it as is or we can make a short version (if the space is adequate) and will look like:

#define STR_ONDESKTOP             "Στην επιφ. εργασίας"
If the space is OK for you please change that or ask me to do it. (you can also delete the "space" between 2nd and 3rd word) -->

"Στην επιφ.εργασίας"
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

E5GAR0TH wrote:We can leave it as is or we can make a short version (if the space is adequate) and will look like:

#define STR_ONDESKTOP             "Στην επιφ. εργασίας"
If the space is OK for you please change that or ask me to do it. (you can also delete the "space" between 2nd and 3rd word) -->

"Στην επιφ.εργασίας"
The last character gets cut off with that as it is now, but I'll increase the width a tad to make it fit.

I forgot to mention earlier, but I think I also changed the "Snap to edges" translation a little. Is "Συγκράτηση στο άκρες" fine?
E5GAR0TH

Post by E5GAR0TH »

poiru wrote:I forgot to mention earlier, but I think I also changed the "Snap to edges" translation a little. Is "Συγκράτηση στο άκρες" fine?
It is not quite right. It MUST be "Συγκράτηση στις άκρες"
I know that for 1 more time this is one character longer but this is the correct way.
If you still have problem with that then maybe we can make it shorter to: ---> "Συγκρ/ση στις άκρες"

If you use the files i gave you in the previous post (the new ones) i have already changed it based on your Greek.h and Greek.nsh files.

I think it would be easier for you to keep track and make the changes because Greek is not an easy language.

Here is a link for the Greek.h file with ALL the changes that we have discussed until now. (spell check, change of translation of word "unload", long strings changed to max 256 characters, short version for OnDesktop, short version of SnapToEdges)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5938380/Rainmeter%20Translation%20GREEK/Final/NEW_Greek.h

I know that is a bit frustrating for you to try and fit every language in the standard width space.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

E5GAR0TH wrote:Here is a link for the Greek.h file with ALL the changes that we have discussed until now. (spell check, change of translation of word "unload", long strings changed to max 256 characters, short version for OnDesktop, short version of SnapToEdges)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5938380/Rainmeter%20Translation%20GREEK/Final/NEW_Greek.h
Got it, thanks! :)