It is currently March 28th, 2024, 10:44 pm

Dutch (Netherlands)

View and contribute to Rainmeter translations.
PitBullNL

Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by PitBullNL »

Latest Dutch translations:
Dutch.h (Application)
Dutch.nsh (Installer)

(right-click on the .h and .nsh links -> Save as. Then, simply open the files with Notepad)
poiru
Developer

Re: [Translation] Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by poiru »

Thanks!
PitBullNL

Post by PitBullNL »

Your Very Welcome.

Only 2 question:

1. How can i import this language in Rainmeter ?
2. Or is this translation stuff coming to the BETA ?

Your Faithfully

PitBullNL
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

PitBullNL wrote:2. Or is this translation stuff coming to the BETA ?
Yes, Rainmeter 2.2 beta will include translation support (first 2.2 beta will be released this Sunday).
BudsieBuds

Re: Dutch (Netherlands)

Post by BudsieBuds »

I switched my Rainmeter language back from Dutch to English, because the translation is kinda really bad. It looks like it's mostly translated through a translation service.
So I decided to re-translate from the original English files using the Microsoft language portal as requested.

Unfortunately, I didn't know what to do with the three settings at the top of the *.h file. And I didn't know if I had to add '(language)' to the "Language:" translation, e.g. "Language-translation (language):"
Download: Skydrive

Also, a few questions about the original translation files.
  • Shouldn't "Copy to clipboard" be "Copy to Clipboard"?
  • "Are you sure you want to delete the theme ""%1"" is differently formatted then the sentences around it.
  • "Are you sure you delete the log file?" doesn't seem like good English to me?
So, yeah. You're welcome, hehe.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

BudsieBuds wrote:I switched my Rainmeter language back from Dutch to English, because the translation is kinda really bad. It looks like it's mostly translated through a translation service.
So I decided to re-translate from the original English files using the Microsoft language portal as requested.
Thanks a lot! :)
BudsieBuds wrote:Shouldn't "Copy to clipboard" be "Copy to Clipboard"?
The MSDN guidelines recommend sentence-style capitalization. I'm not sure if this applies to Dutch, though.
BudsieBuds wrote:"Are you sure you delete the log file?" doesn't seem like good English to me?
Heh, yeah. Will fix that, thanks!
Met een back-up kunt u een volledige kopie van uw installatie opslaan, inclusief weergaven en statistieken. In tegenstelling tot een thema, worden bij het herstellen van een back-up alle bewerkingen en updates van uw weergaven sinds de back-up is opgeslagen ongedaan gemaakt.
The quoted string is 23 chars too long. Would it be possible to trim it a little?
BudsieBuds

Post by BudsieBuds »

Check: https://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Search.aspx?sString=copy%20to%20clipboard&langID=nl-nl
Notice both the original and the translation. I guess Clipboard is like a branded name or something.

Here's a smaller translation of the above mentioned sentence:
Met een back-up kunt u een volledige kopie van uw installatie opslaan, inclusief weergaven en statistieken. Bij het herstellen van een back-up worden alle bewerkingen en updates van uw weergaven sinds de back-up is opgeslagen ongedaan gemaakt.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

BudsieBuds wrote:I guess Clipboard is like a branded name or something.
Ah, I see. I wasn't aware of that. I'll update the English translation as well -- thanks!
BudsieBuds

Post by BudsieBuds »

You're most welcome. Thanks for developing and maintaining this wonderful project.
If you need any help with the translations or something, let me know.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

"Invoegtoepassingen" doesn't quite fit. Could that be shortened?