It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:34 pm

Spanish (Modern)

View and contribute to Rainmeter translations.
Cabo_Nobby

Spanish (Modern)

Post by Cabo_Nobby »

Status: https://www.rainmeter.net/localization#SpanishModern

Latest Spanish (Modern) translations:
SpanishModern.h (Application)
SpanishModern.nsh (Installer)

(right-click on the .h and .nsh links -> Save as. Then, simply open the files with Notepad)
Last edited by Active Colors on September 7th, 2022, 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated Github links
poiru
Developer

Re: [Translation] Spanish

Post by poiru »

Thanks a lot! Is this translation "Modern Spanish" or "Traditional Spanish"?
Cabo_Nobby

Post by Cabo_Nobby »

This translation is Spanish from Spain. I think the way I've translated it is the same form that Windows and some other programs call "International Spanish". I think it must be closer to Modern spanish than to Traditional.
Maybe another translation with a few changes would be needed for South-American countries, but I´m afraid I can´t help with that. If Anyone can, feel free to use mine as a template.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Cabo_Nobby wrote:This translation is Spanish from Spain. I think the way I've translated it is the same form that Windows and some other programs call "International Spanish". I think it must be closer to Modern spanish than to Traditional.
Great, thanks.

The following string is too long. Would it be possible to cut it down to at most 256 characters (287 currently):

Code: Select all

Una copia de seguridad le permite guardar una copia completa de su configuración, incluidas pieles y estadísticas. Al contrario que los temas, restaurar una copia de seguridad reemplazará todas las ediciones y actualizaciones de tus pieles desde que la copia de seguridad fue realizada.
Could you also translate the following strings:

"Please select the installer language."
"Language:"
Cabo_Nobby

Post by Cabo_Nobby »

poiru wrote: The following string is too long. Would it be possible to cut it down to at most 256 characters (287 currently):

Una copia de seguridad le permite guardar una copia completa de su configuración, incluidas pieles y estadísticas. Al contrario que los temas, restaurar una copia de seguridad reemplazará todas las ediciones y actualizaciones de tus pieles desde que la copia de seguridad fue realizada.
Could you also translate the following strings:

Copia de seguridad permite guardar una copia completa de su configuración, incluidas pieles y estadísticas. Al contrario que los temas, restaurar una copia de seguridad reemplazará todo cambio hecho a sus pieles desde que la copia de seguridad fue creada.
I believe this is the only way the sentence can fit in 256 characters. But there is a problem, I could not avoid changing the meaning a little. Now the tranlation says

"Backup allows you to save a complete copy of your setup, including skins and statistics. Unlike a theme, restoring a backup will replace all edits done to your skins since the backup was created."

I believe the general sense of the sentence remains unaltered, but without those changes I do not know if I can make it. Please tell me if you can use them or you need me to think of something else

Those two lines translated are

"Por favor seleccione el idioma de la instalación."
"Idioma:"
Are those lines in the files I've translated?. Because I can't find them.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Cabo_Nobby wrote:I believe the general sense of the sentence remains unaltered, but without those changes I do not know if I can make it. Please tell me if you can use them or you need me to think of something else
That's fine with me. Thanks again! :thumbup:
Cabo_Nobby wrote:Are those lines in the files I've translated?. Because I can't find them.
There are in the latest version (so you downloaded the translation files before I updated them).
Cabo_Nobby

Re: [Translation] Spanish (Modern)

Post by Cabo_Nobby »

I have been cheking my translations and I've changed this 2 lines

#define STR_STARTLOGGING          "Start logging"
#define STR_STOPLOGGING           "Stop logging"
Leaving them as

#define STR_STARTLOGGING          "Iniciando logging"
#define STR_STOPLOGGING           "Deteniendo logging"
Since I'm unable to find a word for "On hover", everything I could translate is done. It is 99% completed :D . I'll keep looking for a translation to that.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Cabo_Nobby wrote:Since I'm unable to find a word for "On hover", everything I could translate is done. It is 99% completed :D . I'll keep looking for a translation to that.
You might want to peek at other translations. I searched translations for KDE and found these:
Original: Enable Logging
Translation: Habilitar el registro
Original: Only on Hover
Translation: Sólo al pasar por encima
Not perfect matches, but gives you something to work with :)
Cabo_Nobby

Post by Cabo_Nobby »

Those two would be perfect translations.

Should I edit the .sh files? and if so, how do I do it?

thax poiru :thumbup:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Cabo_Nobby wrote:Those two would be perfect translations.

Should I edit the .sh files? and if so, how do I do it?

thax poiru :thumbup:
You can just post the changed strings here :)