It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:13 pm

Russian

View and contribute to Rainmeter translations.
minificus

Re: [Translation] Russian

Post by minificus »

Hello, thank you for your work a lot!
But what I really want the localization to do is translating the names of the week days and months displayed by the skins. (Maybe some others, too, but these are much more valuable, due to we take a look at the time and date much more often). It is really very useful, because speaking or understanding some foreign language doesn't mean that your brain «reads» the message in english as fast, as in your native one. The time of understanding varies in times! I can tell that as a psychologist.
And finally, it's just a pleasure, because you don't involve your brain in some extra work.
I hope it will not be that hard, because I can see the settings ini files of the skins ask for some common parametres provided by the program itself. But I'm not that sure.

Oh, and if this is possible, dear translator, please don't forget we say «7 октября 2011 года», not «7 Октябрь 2011 год». И спасибо! (:
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

minificus wrote:Hello, thank you for your work a lot!
But what I really want the localization to do is translating the names of the week days and months displayed by the skins. (Maybe some others, too, but these are much more valuable, due to we take a look at the time and date much more often). It is really very useful, because speaking or understanding some foreign language doesn't mean that your brain «reads» the message in english as fast, as in your native one. The time of understanding varies in times! I can tell that as a psychologist.
And finally, it's just a pleasure, because you don't involve your brain in some extra work.
I hope it will not be that hard, because I can see the settings ini files of the skins ask for some common parametres provided by the program itself. But I'm not that sure.
Yes, I understand, but that is not what this effort is. This is about localizing or translating the Rainmeter application. The language used in the Rainmeter interface, dialogs and log messages. We have no intention, ever, of creating any kind of automatic translations for anything having to do with skins. How a skin is written and what language it uses for displaying things is entirely up to the author and not something we have the slightest control over. I don't mean that in the sense that we have no right, I mean there is literally no way to "detect" that a skin, written by any of thousands of authors, is displaying a string meter with the current time or date and translate it. It is just not how Rainmeter works.
minificus

Post by minificus »

Thank you, I get it.
Anyway, I discovered a nice way of localizing the skin just inserting a bit of code after using the date variables.

Code: Select all

Substitute="January":"января","February":"февраля","March":"марта","April":"апреля","May":"мая","June":"июня","July":"июля","August":"августа","September":"сентября","October":"октября","November":"ноября","December":"декабря","Monday":"понедельник","Tuesday":"вторник","Wednesday":"среда","Thursday":"четверг","Friday":"пятница","Saturday":"суббота","Sunday":"воскресенье"
That's it! It's not too frustrating, when you have already decided what exactly skins for the date you're gonna use. I hope it will work with other variables, too, though that's enough for me.
minificus

Post by minificus »

Oh, but just one question! If the date variable uses the system date parameter value, wouldn't it be already in russian or any other language you use as a system language? How does it become english? Sorry for the stupid question (;
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

I did some minor changes in translation.
Here is link to download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?e027wln9f50d4du
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Thanks, updated.
~Faradey~

Re: Russian

Post by ~Faradey~ »

Variables=Переменные

and in case you need:
Variable=Переменная
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Thanks!
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

- "Добро пожаловать в Rainmeter"
- "Нажмите на иконку Rainmeter для управления скиниамы и настройками."
- "Нажмите здесь, чтобы загрузить Rainmeter 2.3."
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

- "Send information about computer"
Отправить информацию о компьютере

- "Your computer's Windows version, language, and hardware capabilities will be reported once during installation to improve Rainmeter. No personal information will be sent."
Версия Windows, язык а также возможности оборудования, будут отправлены единажды во время установки для улучшения Rainmeter. Никакие личные данные не будут отправлены.

- "Install 64-bit version"
Установить 64-бит версию