It is currently December 14th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Czech

View and contribute Rainmeter translations.
oZone

Re: Czech

oZone » September 28th, 2018, 5:34 pm

Brian wrote:@gathering2:
Thank you for your updated translations, however, some of the new translations are a bit too long to fit nicely in the areas we have defined.

For example, the string STR_STARTLOGGING was previously translated to Spustit logování and is now Spustit zapisování do logovacího souboru. This string appears on the context menu, so a shorter translation would be preferred. Using https://translate.google.com converts Start logging to Začněte protokolovat, but I have no idea if that is accurate or not and would not rely on such translation engines.

There are several more instances where the new translations are too long. Also, some punctuation was removed (STR_BACKUPE needs an ellipsis), so make sure all the correct punctuation and correct capitalization is there. STR_NEWVERSIONREQUIRED (and others) needs some capitalization.

-Brian
oZone wrote:According to my friend the current translation is ok. And the string STR_LANGUAGEOBSOLETE should be "Jazyk je neaktuální".
Also won't be better to use HTTPS instead of HTTP for STR_GETLATESTVERSION and STR_COPYRIGHTNOTICE.
Does the translation need to be updated or the current one is fine, I can ask friend to help.
Last edited by oZone on September 28th, 2018, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyriakos876

kyriakos876 » September 28th, 2018, 6:35 pm

oZone wrote:Does the translation need to be updated or the current one is fine, I can ask friend to help.
You can see here if you scroll down, Czech is marked incomplete. I'd suggest you download the files from the first post and follow the instructions Brian gave above. And if you see anything more, translate that too, then copy and paste both files in

Code: Select all

[ /code] brackets as a reply to this thread.
Brian
Developer

Brian » October 9th, 2018, 3:04 am

oZone wrote:According to my friend the current translation is ok. And the string STR_LANGUAGEOBSOLETE should be "Jazyk je neaktuální".
oZone wrote:Does the translation need to be updated or the current one is fine, I can ask friend to help.
Sorry for not getting back to you, I was actually hoping user "gathering2" would respond since he was the one who initially attempted to update the language files. Since we have not heard back from that user, I went ahead with your friend's suggestion.

Thank you for the help!

-Brian