It is currently March 29th, 2024, 12:00 am

Skin translation(URDU)

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
f86597

Skin translation(URDU)

Post by f86597 »

HA to all I want to translate rainmeter skins into URDU language, From where can I get any tutorial or any other information related to translation?
CyberTheWorm

Re: Skin translation(URDU)

Post by CyberTheWorm »

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein
Deviant Art Page
f86597

Post by f86597 »

CyberTheWorm wrote: February 12th, 2020, 7:40 pm Start here https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=9821
Thanks for quick reply.
Given link for translation of rainmeter application., I want to translate data of skin like month, day, greeting, weather alert.

screen shots are attached which i tried.

Font link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dxneh8gszzi2dt2/Jameel_Noori_Nastaleeq.ttf/file
Translation file link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/b62s9jk7wt1lpsj/Urdu.inc/file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

f86597 wrote: February 13th, 2020, 8:10 am I want to translate data of skin like month, day, greeting, weather alert.
First of all if you want to translate a weather skin, probably there is no need for this (supposing you're using weather.com as provider), because you can get the strings into the desired language. First let's try asking weather.com to return the already translated strings. For this try identifying the URL(s) used into your code. Depending on what skin are you using, it might be into an included file. In most cases you have to look for a URL variable, which probably look similar to this one: URL=https://weather.com/XXXX/weather/today/l/#Location#. The string highlighted red has a value, en-US, en-GB or something like this. Try modifying it to ur-PK and refresh the skin. Have you got it translated?
If you can't deal with all this, please post a link of the skin you1re working with, to can take a look.
f86597

Post by f86597 »

balala wrote: February 13th, 2020, 3:04 pm First of all if you want to translate a weather skin, probably there is no need for this (supposing you're using weather.com as provider), because you can get the strings into the desired language.
In start I only want to translate greetings. I tried something which already posted, you can take a look, all screenshots and files attached to that reply.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

f86597 wrote: February 13th, 2020, 4:05 pm In start I only want to translate greetings. I tried something which already posted, you can take a look, all screenshots and files attached to that reply.
Ok, then make for first the translation into the Urdu.inc file. For instance translate the appropriate strings into the Date variable. Replace the red names with the Urdu ones: Date="Sunday":"Sunday","Monday":"Monday","Tuesday":"Tuesday","Wednesday":"Wednesday","Thursday":"Thursday","Friday":"Friday","Saturday":"Saturday". Translate the elements of the other variables as well.
Now if you did all this, go to the .ini file and add the following kind of options to all measures which return the strings you want to get translated. For instance add to the measure which returns the day name, the following option: Substitute="Sunday":"#Sunday#","Monday":"#Monday#","Tuesday":"#Tuesday#","Wednesday":"#Wednesday#","Thursday":"#Thursday#","Friday":"#Friday#","Saturday":"#Saturday#".
You have to add such Substitute options to all measures which are returning strings you want to translate.
As I said in my previous post as well, posting screenshots doesn't help us at all. You indeed have a link to the Urdu.inc file, but we don't have the skin itself, as well as none the other needed files. That's why a link to the skin you want to get translated would be much better. But as you wish...
JelleDekkers

Post by JelleDekkers »

balala wrote: February 13th, 2020, 4:45 pm Ok, then make for first the translation into the Urdu.inc file. For instance translate the appropriate strings into the Date variable. Replace the red names with the Urdu ones: Date="Sunday":"Sunday","Monday":"Monday","Tuesday":"Tuesday","Wednesday":"Wednesday","Thursday":"Thursday","Friday":"Friday","Saturday":"Saturday". Translate the elements of the other variables as well.
Now if you did all this, go to the .ini file and add the following kind of options to all measures which return the strings you want to get translated. For instance add to the measure which returns the day name, the following option: Substitute="Sunday":"#Sunday#","Monday":"#Monday#","Tuesday":"#Tuesday#","Wednesday":"#Wednesday#","Thursday":"#Thursday#","Friday":"#Friday#","Saturday":"#Saturday#".
You have to add such Substitute options to all measures which are returning strings you want to translate.
As I said in my previous post as well, posting screenshots doesn't help us at all. You indeed have a link to the Urdu.inc file, but we don't have the skin itself, as well as none the other needed files. That's why a link to the skin you want to get translated would be much better. But as you wish...
Oooorrrr, you can just use the FormatLocale option...
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/time/#FormatLocale

It pains me to see everyone use substitutes for weekdays and months n such when you can just use that option.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

JelleDekkers wrote: February 14th, 2020, 8:41 am Oooorrrr, you can just use the FormatLocale option...
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/time/#FormatLocale

It pains me to see everyone use substitutes for weekdays and months n such when you can just use that option.
Shouldn't hurt you, because I suppose the weekdays are not returned by Time measures. FormatLocale can only be used on such kind of measures. But as far as I can tell, not having the whole code or the skin f86597 ask help with, those weekdays are returned by WebParser measures. And such in a case FormatLocale can't be applied. In such cases substitution is the only way to get the day names translated, unless, as described above, he doesn't get the returned strings from the beginning into Urdu. But it seems for some reason he don't want to do this, so there is no other way to get them translated.