It is currently April 30th, 2024, 8:19 pm

Spotify in Meenimal skin

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ravv3

Re: Spotify in Meenimal skin

Post by ravv3 »

Yincognito wrote: April 16th, 2024, 5:32 pm 2) yes, there are at least two ways of blocking some software from updating and keep the versions unchanged:
- untick a "Check For Updates" or similar checkbox or option in its settings, preferably right after installing so that it doesn't update behind your back
- use a firewall software and either block the proper executables from accessing the internet, or block everything except what you specifically allow
Thanks, that's useful info.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

ravv3 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 8:04 pm Thanks, that's useful info.
:thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 16th, 2024, 3:06 pm Yes, the update commands are also entered in Powershell:
https://spicetify.app/docs/getting-started/#updating

I'm glad it finally works.
xenium, there's a new update for spicetify (as indicated in the spotify desktop app I'm using), and I copied and then entered

Code: Select all

update spicetify
in powershell, and it stated it's an unknown command. I'm not sure if I have to download the new zip from the github page (dated 24-04-24) and extract it somewhere, and then try the update command?? Not sure how to proceed with this update.

Btw, Spotify still works, and I have not had any indication of a spotify update. The skin track/album info still works too.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

ravv3 wrote: April 26th, 2024, 10:51 pm xenium, there's a new update for spicetify (as indicated in the spotify desktop app I'm using), and I copied and then entered

Code: Select all

update spicetify
in powershell, and it stated it's an unknown command. I'm not sure if I have to download the new zip from the github page (dated 24-04-24) and extract it somewhere, and then try the update command?? Not sure how to proceed with this update.

Btw, Spotify still works, and I have not had any indication of a spotify update. The skin track/album info still works too.
THE UPDATE:
Meenimal settings 19.jpg

xenium - Ok. I followed the original instructions (https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Harmony-Player-UPDATED-25-MAR-2024-988018395).

Then I got this notification in Powershell (ie. that the latest version is installed):

Meenimal settings 16.jpg

Then when I went back into Spotify, I still get this notification (ie. that an update is required):

Meenimal settings 17.jpg

Clicking on the notification gives further details (ie. that I have version 2.36.5, but Powershell told me that 2.36.8 was successfully installed):

Meenimal settings 18.jpg

So i don't see why the Spicetify version isn't updating in Spotify??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

ravv3 wrote: April 26th, 2024, 11:34 pm So i don't see why the Spicetify version isn't updating in Spotify??
Try restarting Spotify.
Personally, I don't update spicetify when there is a new version as long as the skin works.
Only when Spotify is updated.
ravv3

Post by ravv3 »

xenium wrote: April 27th, 2024, 6:48 am Try restarting Spotify.
Personally, I don't update spicetify when there is a new version as long as the skin works.
Only when Spotify is updated.
Ok thanks, yes it's working perfectly fine right now. I have tried restarting tho but the update notification is still there.
I will do what you say anyway, and not worry about it until there's a Spotify update.

Also, just this minute installed a new theme on the desktop version - which I imagine should apply to the web version too.